ForScan Tweaks - 2015+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HockeyPuck99

Reaction score
What is the most recent spreadsheet on the 17 expy forscan codes? Also, I am wanting to have my parking lights for drls, what would be the correct code for line 726-11-01. The printout I have seen only shows 50% low beam, Fog Lights and Turn signals. Also, according to spreadsheet I have seen would show changing 726-12-01 for parking lights. And what is DRL lock on line 726-49-01, or what is the function of a drl lock?

Here is a link to the most updated spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...TKARDo2Y7lfSOMFj6Gott8g7yg/edit#gid=617147144

I haven't had a chance to look at the spreadsheet to see if it has the answers to your other questions, so go ahead and take a look. I hope this helps.

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You guys wondering what DRL LOCK is....this was posted some pages back by AllBoostNoEco. Side note, if you really want to learn about ForScan and all the vernacular, you have to read through the entire thread like the rest of us. Learn to fish people. In regards to number 1. DRL Lock does work on the 15-17 Expedition. I can personally 100% verify that, as it took me weeks to get it shut off when I added my HID retrofits. The caveat is that it only works to turn the lock “off”, activating it in a vehicle not factory equipped does nothing. And there’s no reason for it, as all it does is prevent the DRLs from being shutoff in a vehicle that came with them originally. In the future, if someone who bought an ex-fleet truck (i.e., a rental) wanted to turn them off, they absolutely must change this line in the BCM in order to do so. Perhaps what is needed is a note: If you HAVE factory-activated DRLs, this allows you to shut them off. If you do NOT have factory-activated DRLs, then this line serves no function.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is the most recent spreadsheet on the 17 expy forscan codes? Also, I am wanting to have my parking lights for drls, what would be the correct code for line 726-11-01. The printout I have seen only shows 50% low beam, Fog Lights and Turn signals. Also, according to spreadsheet I have seen would show changing 726-12-01 for parking lights. And what is DRL lock on line 726-49-01, or what is the function of a drl lock?
When you turn on the parking lights for DRLs you also have the tail lights come on. That was the reason that I switched to the fogs as DRL.

old codger

Reaction score
Thanks on the parking lights for DRLs. I think I might still use the parking lights for DRLs then I will use switchback leds for life. I have been through this entire post twice and sometimes an issue is not directly answered or not sure if I miss something after 55 pages. At my age the memory might not catch everything I'm looking for. LOL

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks on the parking lights for DRLs. I think I might still use the parking lights for DRLs then I will use switchback leds for life. I have been through this entire post twice and sometimes an issue is not directly answered or not sure if I miss something after 55 pages. At my age the memory might not catch everything I'm looking for. LOL
I can relate to that. I have the same problem. I've been on this since the beginning and can't begin to say all of the things that were discuss, but I can mostly remember the ones that I was interested in.

In one of the settings, and I can't remember, which one now. I could get the parking lights to come on without the tail lights but they were amber. If I did the parking lights setting, I had the white switchbacks on but the LED tail lights that I install were also on and I didn't want them to always be on. So that was why I settled for the fog lights as the DLRs.

old codger

Reaction score
Do you have to wait till the forscan license expires to renew it, and if not how many days before expiration can it be renewed

Reaction score
For 2017 EL XLT 4X4
I can verify that factory trailer brake control PN: FL1Z-2C006-D is activated with
720-07-01 xxxx x8xx xxxx
Gain control in screen activated with
720-04-01 xx4x xxxx xxxx

wire harness is capped on the back of the driver's side cubby under 4X4 switch, pull cubby, plug wire harness, insert TBC, apply coding changes.
Capped wire in 4 pin connector harness at rear is brake wire.

Haven't tried on my 2012 SWB XLT non- US model, yet, but I plan to

Last edited:

old codger

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone here has been having an issue downloading the forscan license renewal. When I go to open it Adobe Reader says it can not open or file was damaged or attachment on email could not be decoded. I am able to download but cannot open.

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone here has been having an issue downloading the forscan license renewal. When I go to open it Adobe Reader says it can not open or file was damaged or attachment on email could not be decoded. I am able to download but cannot open.
Try forwarding it to a Gmail account. Gmail sometimes fixes these issues in their webmail.