ForScan Tweaks - 2015+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Haven't tried on my 2012 SWB XLT non- US model, yet, but I plan to
Let me know if it works. The 720-04-01 address exists in my As-Built but the 720-07-01 doesn't. I would 100% do this mod if I had the part, and I knew the harness was there under the dash (but I bet it isn't.)

Reaction score
I know that for the 2012 the wiring is either taped above the OBD2 port (usually w/ a cap) or behind the trim piece under the climate controls where it meets the center console, it should exist in your car. Mine is a Panama market model and it is there. The controller is a different part number than the 2017, and you will need a trim part.

old codger

Reaction score
I also found out from the 150 forum that you can't renew forscan until the current one expires. If anyone knows anything about that let me know. I will try to forward to my gmail to see if that takes care of the problem. Thanks!

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I also found out from the 150 forum that you can't renew forscan until the current one expires. If anyone knows anything about that let me know. I will try to forward to my gmail to see if that takes care of the problem. Thanks!

That has been my experience.

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You guys wondering what DRL LOCK is....this was posted some pages back by AllBoostNoEco. Side note, if you really want to learn about ForScan and all the vernacular, you have to read through the entire thread like the rest of us. Learn to fish people. In regards to number 1. DRL Lock does work on the 15-17 Expedition. I can personally 100% verify that, as it took me weeks to get it shut off when I added my HID retrofits. The caveat is that it only works to turn the lock “off”, activating it in a vehicle not factory equipped does nothing. And there’s no reason for it, as all it does is prevent the DRLs from being shutoff in a vehicle that came with them originally. In the future, if someone who bought an ex-fleet truck (i.e., a rental) wanted to turn them off, they absolutely must change this line in the BCM in order to do so. Perhaps what is needed is a note: If you HAVE factory-activated DRLs, this allows you to shut them off. If you do NOT have factory-activated DRLs, then this line serves no function.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Muddy - do you know the specific code/line for the DRL Lock function?

I understand it's BCM 726-49-01, but the characters I saw posted earlier didn't look right, so I didn't include this in our latest spreadsheet.

If you (or anyone else) can give me more info I'll update our spreadsheet.

Thanks.

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Spreadsheet updated with the following:

Trailer Brake Controller - Activate
Trailer Brake Controller - Gain Display
User Suspension Settings on IPC

Thanks to paracaidista319. Awaiting further info on DRL Lock...will add that to spreadsheet once the line is clarified.

Also - side note: if you haven't already, recommend you modify your signature to display what vehicle you have. This helps everyone understand which vehicle you are discussing and the specifics for that vehicle. (you can edit your signature by placing your cursor over your username in the upper right corner of the screen, then select signature...or just click on your username in the upper right corner and then choose signature.)

Thanks.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iO4Uz1shNRwZv5gi2TKARDo2Y7lfSOMFj6Gott8g7yg/edit?usp=sharing

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Spreadsheet updated with the following:

Trailer Brake Controller - Activate
Trailer Brake Controller - Gain Display
User Suspension Settings on IPC

Thanks to paracaidista319. Awaiting further info on DRL Lock...will add that to spreadsheet once the line is clarified.

Also - side note: if you haven't already, recommend you modify your signature to display what vehicle you have. This helps everyone understand which vehicle you are discussing and the specifics for that vehicle. (you can edit your signature by placing your cursor over your username in the upper right corner of the screen, then select signature...or just click on your username in the upper right corner and then choose signature.)

Thanks.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iO4Uz1shNRwZv5gi2TKARDo2Y7lfSOMFj6Gott8g7yg/edit?usp=sharing
From what I’ve found in my earlier posts regarding the DRL Lock.

DRL Lock:
726-49-01 xxxx xxxx x0 DRL Lock ‘ON’
xxxx xxxx x1 DRL Lock ‘OFF’