ForScan Tweaks - 2015+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
From what I’ve found in my earlier posts regarding the DRL Lock.

DRL Lock:
726-49-01 xxxx xxxx x0 DRL Lock ‘ON’
xxxx xxxx x1 DRL Lock ‘OFF’

That’s what I had seen earlier, but the change can’t be in the last two digits...those are the checksums.

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That’s what I had seen earlier, but the change can’t be in the last two digits...those are the checksums.
My apologies, the full line is xxxx xxxx xxxx. I never include the checksum digits when talking about changes as they are self-correcting with FORScan.

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My apologies, the full line is xxxx xxxx xxxx. I never include the checksum digits when talking about changes as they are self-correcting with FORScan.

Now that line looks better...it’s always good to include the checksum digits as xx so everyone can see the full line of code.

I’ll update the spreadsheet.

Thanks.

llhoneymoons

Reaction score
@ads245

This is my BdyCM. I turned on the Daylight Running lights and set them to turn signal lights I put it in drive and turn signal DRLs came on. That was pretty cool.

View attachment 22076

I noticed this the other day when making some changes and couldn't find anything.

Does anyone know what this does?

Police Trunk/Liftgate Release

5 up from the bottom in the above attached photo.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I noticed this the other day when making some changes and couldn't find anything.

Does anyone know what this does?

Police Trunk/Liftgate Release

5 up from the bottom in the above attached photo.
It probably does not allow you to open the liftgate from inside the vehicle - to keep a prisoner from escaping.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just got done reading all 57 pages but am still left with a couple questions as I am not sure they were fully answered.

First I see that enabling remote start is able to be done as long as you buy the proper keyfobs.
Though there is not a mention (unless I missed it) directions on the steps taken in ForScan to enable it.
I found this video on YouTube but could not find mention of the vehicle. So I was wondering if the process was the same for the 2016 Expedition.

2nd no one mentions if one is able to program the rear vents and or moon roof to automatically close on shutdown.

I saw mention that global window close does not seem like a possibility for our vehicles but was not sure if these would fall in the same category or not.

kekman

Reaction score
Example pics of what the Sync 3 Diagnostics screen shows you when you Press (and hold) the 'Eject' and 'Next Track' button at same time...around 10-15 seconds.

View attachment 24094 View attachment 24095 View attachment 24096
Really liked the post- great info. It is a little quirky: For me to get this to work, I have to have ignition on; audio on; and let the bluetooth connection complete-> then it will come up. Prior to that you can hold the buttons for a minute and nothing will happen.

Thanks for the post.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How does one actually locate the keyless entry code in ForScan. I see where it reads it in the log but how do I actually find what the code is?

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Really liked the post- great info. It is a little quirky: For me to get this to work, I have to have ignition on; audio on; and let the bluetooth connection complete-> then it will come up. Prior to that you can hold the buttons for a minute and nothing will happen.

Thanks for the post.

You're welcome.

I probably should have been a little more clear...yes, you have to have the power on and let the vehicle go through it's normal 'startup' process for all of the electronics before you try this feature...it won't work if the vehicle is off.