ForScan Tweaks - 2015+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If I could have 1 thing that temp wheel would be my #1 choice. It annoys me the most and makes me not even want to use CarPlay. The outside temp being displayed in CarPlay would be nice too but I can live without that. Some Ford's I've driven have the outside temp on the right MFD but my Expedition doesn't have it there either. No clock that I can remember either.

Most of what other 2015-2017 Fords can have on the left and right MFD is limited in the Expy 15-17. The Expy is lacking 2 modules that other vehicle lines use for these mods. Doesn’t mean they aren’t capable, just no roadmap to figure them out. Most existing changes are discovered comparing code in modules of vehicles or Trim levels that have the desired features. The Expy uses several less modules to do some of the functions and appears to be unique in that. It is kind of a hybrid between older Ford module setup and more recent.

mdntblu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is there a way to get Tire Pressure on left MFD? Also can you get temperature on right MFD? And lastly can you turn on the rear camera setting where when you turn the wheel the bars bend to show the direction?

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is there a way to get Tire Pressure on left MFD? Also can you get temperature on right MFD? And lastly can you turn on the rear camera setting where when you turn the wheel the bars bend to show the direction?

Please look at the spreadsheet that is posted several times in this thread...it shows what can be changed using FORScan.

Everyone understands this thread is long, but reading it will answer many of your questions and help to keep this thread a little less cluttered.

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Please look at the spreadsheet that is posted several times in this thread...it shows what can be changed using FORScan.

Everyone understands this thread is long, but reading it will answer many of your questions and help to keep this thread a little less cluttered.

Not to mention I pretty much answered that question a few posts above. Our trucks lack some of the modules others have.

mdntblu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not to mention I pretty much answered that question a few posts above. Our trucks lack some of the modules others have.

Yeah I started going through it last night one page at a time and realized that after I had already posted that. It was like midnight and I was tried so I just closed my laptop and went to bed. LOL. I should of deleted my questions.
I really hate that you can't do many things on the Expedition. I really want the outside temp on the right MFD. I can't believe there isn't a way to do that.

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah I started going through it last night one page at a time and realized that after I had already posted that. It was like midnight and I was tried so I just closed my laptop and went to bed. LOL. I should of deleted my questions.
I really hate that you can't do many things on the Expedition. I really want the outside temp on the right MFD. I can't believe there isn't a way to do that.

Not saying there isn’t. Honestly it is probably capable. The issue being the coding.

Like I explained before. Most of the settings that are used are from comparing coding from other vehicles and from other trim levels that already have the feature desired. I have not found a vehicle that has the unique combo of modules that the 15-17 Expedition has. It is a hybrid. They programmed the BCM to do more than what it does in other Ford vehicles of the same years.

Hence the challenge. Some seat time with one of Ford’s module programmers would be VERY helpful, but I don’t see that happening. Until then we keep digging.

Dennis48755

Reaction score
To the keeper of the FORScan Codes-Expedition spreadsheet...

Thank you,

And please add a "Last Revised" or something to that affect, to the top of the spreadsheet.

Dennis