ForScan Tweaks - 2015+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Thanks all for this and other Forscan threads.

Can hardly wait to try some of these changes. Lack of DRLs on a 2017 vehicle is a disappointment. Heck, my 2006 Honda S2000 has them! And all my other cars.

Not sure I want autofolding mirrors. Understand them in places like the UK and EU where city parking is very cramped. At the airport I just press the switch.

-- Chuck

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
LokiWolf, Any ideas on which addresses in the DSM for the autofolding mirrors?

I will look it up tomorrow afternoon. Wife has the Expy at work, and is in the Middle of a 12...

It was the same as a 2014 F-150. Search for F-150 FORScan Google Sheet. There is one out there that has constant updates. It is the first place I start. I have it as a link on my laptop, but not near that right now.

MCoston

Reaction score
I did a search for 2014 f-150 and found two spreadsheets but they only have as built data for a couple trucks. I would VERY much appreciate a link to the spreadsheet you are using, and the addresses when it comes handy :)
Thank you very much
Mike

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I did a search for 2014 f-150 and found two spreadsheets but they only have as built data for a couple trucks. I would VERY much appreciate a link to the spreadsheet you are using, and the addresses when it comes handy :)
Thank you very much
Mike

Sorry, Didn't mean you to search for 2014 150. Most of the modules and the settings for the 15+ Expys more closely resemble those of the 2014 150, than the 15+ 150's.

Here is the sheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qf2gYgkhmsX-dnFO3Ki0nYUvr7aeLKsHsA0WxhDns1s/htmlview

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks!

Worked perfectly. The instructions y'all linked me to were very detailed.

I set the fog lights to be DRLs in daylight, of course, and they come on when the truck goes into gear. Headlight switch makes no difference. Off, Parking, On, Auto -- the DRLs come as long as it's light out. (Flashlight on the dashboard simulated this nicely.) They go out when it's dark (AKA not-daylight). In Auto the DRLs revert to fog lights and come on if the switch is pulled out.

Since the headlight low beams can also be set as DRLs on reduced power I tried that too. Gone from not happy there were no DRLs on a 2017 to having to make a decision on how i wanted them. :) Currently have the LED Fogs doing this and alao set the fog lights to Bambi mode at night. They fog switch from DRL to Fog automatically if the headlight switch is in Auto.

Edited to add: The green Fog light light appears on the dash when the fog/DRLs are on confirming this mode.

Will play with more settings over the weekend.

Thanks (all) again!

-- Chuck

PS: I used this USB interface to my laptop. Everything connected seamlessly once I loaded the extended (advanced?) Forscan license.

Last edited:

flexitis

Reaction score
I switched out my tail lights for LEDs and bought a bunch of different kinds looking for the brightest, I haven't received all of them yet so I don't have a final decision. But a word to the wise when you buy them, buy them in sets of 4, a couple have burned out.
So far this has been the brightest from DT-Autotech, Ebay:

2X 3157/3156 50W Red Projector High Power Chip LED Brake Tail Stop Lights Bulbs
I set the bulb outage to disabled and **** the hyperflash went away! I also changed the backup bulb to 15w HID, but I'm not particularly happy with that.

As far as the autofolding mirrors go I would very much like to have that feature, but it appears so far that we need the DDM, drivers door module, and PDM, passenger door module to make it happen and I have neither of those :( I think the autotilting mirrors would be not be very useful for me but they would need the same two missing modules.

2017, Expedition XLT, 202a, SYNC3 v2.0

Found another spreadsheet, 2016 Ford Superduty:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...G7xdFLGKxIr1-K_RwrIx4qIAtI/edit#gid=882975515

Also found DRLs, on the above spreadsheet that works!!!
DRLs BCM 726-11-01 0?02 0000 XX
change ? to:
0 DRL disabled
1 DRL 50% low beam
2 DRL fog lights
3 DRL turn signal (I assume front only, i didn't try it)
By setting DRL option here to 3 will turn on the front TURN signals but the rear running lights will stay off.
To use PARKING lights change 726-12-01 xxxx xXxx xx to 1 although you still have to turn on DRL in 726-11-01
It'll set the DRL to front parking with rear running lights.
I wrote the TURN and PARKING in bold because it's 2 different things.
Once I know how to turn on the parking lamps as DRL without having to also turn on the fog or headlight DRL option I'll update the post

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Orange turn signals make weird DRLs to me. :) I set mine to the white LED fog lamps and turned the instrument panel large green fog light indicator off. The indicator by the headlight switch illuminates. DRLs (Fogs) are on during daylight if the engine is running and in gear regardless of the headlight settings. Unless Bambi mode is On the fogs will turn off with the high beams at night. Headlight switch determines night fog light settings.

-- Chuck

flexitis

Reaction score
On the Flex I have led switchback turn signal bulbs so I set the parking as DRL
The 1st photo is how it looks when the parking lights is set as DRL 2nd is how it looks with turn signals as DRL. 88838d95a984ff75d31fdf1f34631a2f.jpg81d878a5751cc5644b85b13e38ec0718.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thought I'd bump this up with some confirmations that nearly everything listed above works on my '15. I added the heated/cooled seat icons on the climate quadrant, six flashes on the lane change (I had to use C instead of A though), and activated Bambi mode. Due to needing to eliminate the DRLs for my retrofits, I also turned them off, and eliminated the DRL option from the IPC. The last change I've made so far has been to up the TPMS to 45 PSI because of my LT tires that I run at 50 normally.
Tried changing the boot screen, but it always boots up with the standard Ford one (SYNC 2). Same deal with ambient lighting color with door ajar. I haven't found the correct address in the APIM module yet.
Loki, what change did you make to your Edge to add the climate to the right IPC screen? My searches have turned up blank on the Edge and Explorer forums I've found.