front ac vents no air..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

legendary70

Reaction score
my front ac vents are not blowing out air. i have been reading, youtubing and googling....and they say it is most likely either one of the following:

"Under driver's lower dash to the right of steering column is relays,fuse is engine compartment, a 40 amp square clear top fuse,my was blown."

cannot find the fuse to check....any ideas where it is?

"2016 Expedition XL front AC not blowing but back was blowing fine. Ended up being a Loose wire connection to module in passenger footwell underneath right side of glovebox....guess something r somebody pulled it loose"

cannot find it either......sorry i am not a mechanic in every sense of the word....any ideas?

"There's a wire harness with connector under the glove box and visible just above someone's right shoe sitting in the passenger side. The way the wires are crimped it starts to fail open over time, so the heater/AC just shuts off. I've had my daughter just push up with her toes pointed straight up and it goes back on. It's happening more often now and with a chicago winter coming, I'll need to just cut it out and splice a new one in. If one fan speed works and another doesn't, you definitely need to replace the fan motor resistor."

which is the main fuse i should be looking for? manual has several under ac

the blower motor relay #3
ac clutch relay #30
auxilary blower motor #34

any info would be greatly appreciated.....

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my front ac vents are not blowing out air. i have been reading, youtubing and googling....and they say it is most likely either one of the following:

"Under driver's lower dash to the right of steering column is relays,fuse is engine compartment, a 40 amp square clear top fuse,my was blown."

cannot find the fuse to check....any ideas where it is?

"2016 Expedition XL front AC not blowing but back was blowing fine. Ended up being a Loose wire connection to module in passenger footwell underneath right side of glovebox....guess something r somebody pulled it loose"

cannot find it either......sorry i am not a mechanic in every sense of the word....any ideas?

"There's a wire harness with connector under the glove box and visible just above someone's right shoe sitting in the passenger side. The way the wires are crimped it starts to fail open over time, so the heater/AC just shuts off. I've had my daughter just push up with her toes pointed straight up and it goes back on. It's happening more often now and with a chicago winter coming, I'll need to just cut it out and splice a new one in. If one fan speed works and another doesn't, you definitely need to replace the fan motor resistor."

which is the main fuse i should be looking for? manual has several under ac

the blower motor relay #3
ac clutch relay #30
auxilary blower motor #34

any info would be greatly appreciated.....

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10163573-0001.pdf

OP
OP
legendary70

legendary70

Reaction score
Ok so after going under the glove i noticed one of the four ac/blower wires was burnt up and separated. So my mechanic put some sort of rubber coverings on all four wires then he used a heat gun and the rubber attached itself to the wires and now the the AC is working great. thx

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69