Front brake specs 2007 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trjc3rd

Reaction score
I’m taking the plunge and replacing my front rotors and pads on my 2007 Expedition. This is my first time doing this and I want to do it right. However, I’ve run into a problem finding the correct torque specifications. I’ve searched the web only to find a range different torque specs for my Expedition. I’ve even bought a Chilton repair manual and they’re different.

Does anyone know what all the specs are for the entire brake caliper unit? I’m talking about the mounting bracket, the glide pins, flow bolt, and everything else that has a nut that needs tightening. I may be being over cautious here, but I’d rather be safe than sorry. I’d really appreciate it if anyone could help me out. Thanks.

Mikezr

Reaction score
As tight as u can get em. Think there like an 18mm bolt so they're gonna take it. If in doubt go with your Haynes manual

OP
OP
trjc3rd

trjc3rd

Reaction score
Thank for the advice. I went down to the Ford dealership and spoke to the parts department. They gave me what I needed, so I’ll be getting my hands dirty this weekend. A bit nervous but it needs to be done.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
They are easy to do. The hardest part may be getting the rotors off. They can rust on pretty well here in New York, but in your California, they should lift right off. A nice enjoyable job to do.