Front height sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4whlmama

Reaction score
20170501_161729.jpg So here is this thing...I managed to figure out that it is a height sensor for the load leveling air suspension. My question is: Does the lower end of it attach to the body somewhere? If so, where? Right now it's just there. Doesn't touch anything or seem like it should just be there like that. By the way...this is on my 2002 Expedition XLT 5.4L 4x4 that was factory ordered with nearly every upgrade possible. Help, please. She's been off the road for quite some time and I need to get her rolling again and safely. Thanks

OP
OP
4whlmama

4whlmama

Reaction score
Oh wow! My compressor comes on as it should normally. It doesn't constantly run or run intermittently. However the air release noise that you hear in the beginning if the video happens about every 30 seconds. There is no constant change in height either. Kind of weird...I would think the compressor would kick on as well. Anyway, the other thing I have notice and this has been for a couple years (ashamed), when parked and motor off (even after days of being parked) this quadrant and only this quadrant of my truck sits higher than the other 3 quadrants.

Another question...How do you tell if the pin and rack seals need replacing? There is something not quite right in my suspension. It wanders and makes a sort of howling noise. The howling is not continuous.

OP
OP
4whlmama

4whlmama

Reaction score
Ok so catching up on my posted threads...been down a bit. Sorry I haven't updated. So the story on this one was simple. One of the sensors and simply popped lose! It seems pretty dumb that the just pop on and off so easily! Whatever...it's fixed and of it happens again, at least I will know what it is.