Front Sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cekkk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
DW's 2013 King Ranch's sensors have an annoying tendency to chirp when other cars pull alongside, say, at a traffic light. Sometimes no movement at all and they do it. Not always but often enough to bug me.

Any ideas how to cure this?

Excuse me if this belonged in electronics.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Expediton Limited 4x4 with the front parking sensors. Since new, the sensors will intermittently sound when there is no one in front of me. There is no pattern to the alerts.

I have repeatedly ensured that the front sensors and bumper cover are clean and have no dirt or bugs on them. Doesn't help.

The dealer said that since there are no codes, there is nothing to fix.

If you find out a fix - please post. Sorry I can't help.

PS - Since new, the system also intermittently displays "no key detected" after entering and starting the car with the push-button start. It also displays "trailer wiring fault" although I have never towed or even opened the two trailer wiring connector covers. The dealer also stated since no codes, nothing to fix.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Expediton Limited 4x4 with the front parking sensors.
PS - Since new, the system also intermittently displays "no key detected" after entering and starting the car with the push-button start. It also displays "trailer wiring fault" although I have never towed or even opened the two trailer wiring connector covers. The dealer also stated since no codes, nothing to fix.

Just out of curiosity does it do the no key detected with both keys or just one? Any thoughts that it might be a battery?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity does it do the no key detected with both keys or just one? Any thoughts that it might be a battery?

The warning (which is intermittent with no pattern) displays using both key fobs (original from the factory). I have never used both fobs inside the vehicle at the same time. I replaced the battery in both fobs with new ones and still continue to periodically get the warning.

The car has never been wrecked or damaged.