Front washer not working, rear is fine.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dukester

Reaction score
i think I know the answer but thought I would throw it out to the hive mind.

My front windshield washer quit working. The back works fine. I know the switch for the forward washer in the turn signal assembly is good because I can hear it activate the washer relay. Switched relays just in case, no effect.

I'm guessing the pump in the reservoir is bi-directional and is only pumping when the rear washer is activated but not the front. Electrical contacts for pump cleaned with no change.

Thoughts?

Duke

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Very possible that the spray nozzles are clogged See if you cab disconnect the hose that goes to the front and then try the pump if it comes out the hose then you will know the answer

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Or could be that the hose is broken somewhere between the pump and the spray nozzles.

When you try the front washers do you notice any fluid coming from under the hood to the ground

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
  • Front Washer Pump Function Does Not Operate Properly (Other Wiper Functions Do Operate)
  • Generic electronic module (GEM).
  • Multi-function switch (wiper/washer switch).
  • Circuit(s).
  • Front washer pump relay.
  • Washer pump.

• Rear Washer Pump Function Does Not Operate Properly (Rear Wiper Functions Do Operate)
  • Generic electronic module (GEM).
  • Multi-function switch (wiper/washer switch).
  • Circuit(s).
  • Front washer pump relay.
  • Rear washer pump relay.
  • Washer pump.

CAKD07

Reaction score
While on the subject, my front (my Expy has 3) washers became clogged. Shop cleared them but it didn't last. Kept clearing, then clogging, then clearing, yada-yada. Well one guy told me that some places take water and drop in soap bars (similar to what you put in your toilet) and the issue is they don't dissolve all the way and clog the nozzles. I'm no expert but it sounds legit so from now on I do my own re-filling of my washers. If they clog it's my fault. Since then haven't had an issue yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luketravis