Fuel Delivery problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pavix

Reaction score
So I picked up a 01 Expedition Eddie Bauer edition. It's not a bad vehicle but it doesn't run. The guy I bought it from had a few problems telling the truth, it started with the vehicles location. The ad read that it was in Cascade, IA but when I got the address from the guy it turned out to be Dubuque, IA. Then he said it runs but it won't always start back up after you run it. Then I get there and find out it's been sat for 4 months without running. He said if I spray starter fluid in the TB it will run, so I sprayed starter fluid into the TB with it wide open and it sputters like it wants to start but obviously if it's not getting fuel the starter fluid isn't going to be able to get it there.

So now I got the vehicle at my house and I was doing some reading and there is apparently a fuel pump relay that goes out in Expeditions and it's pretty common but a pain since it's soldered on. No big deal. I tear the passenger kick plate off today and the fuse/relay panel isn't there. instead there is a fuel pump reset button. When I get the battery back to good I'm going to try the reset button but I'm wondering if you knowledgeable folks have any other common fuel related problems with these that I may have missed?

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Use the search function, fueling is an issue on the first Gens as they age.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I believe your #301 relay is removable. It's in under hood fuse box. The proper way we recommend to test for power to the pump, is at the fuel cutoff switch, located in passenger side kick panel. When checking it will only have 12 volts for a few seconds when cranking. Check power on both sides of switch. You can also have assistant turn key to on position, and use a screwdriver to ear, and blade to top of relay. You should hear a click sound if its working. Report your findings .Moose.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The uninformed will inherit the forum

Appears you have been mislead about the fuel circuit and fuse panel on a FIRTS GEN EXPEDITION Most of what you state about the relay and fuse box is for the SECOND GEN Expeditions

Get yourself a copy of the owners manual at owner.ford.com

Your 01 has two fuse boxes One under the hood and one under the drivers side dash

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
othermrsikes