Fuel pump not getting power...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turbocam

Reaction score
I have an 04 expedition,5.4 liter.It was running in park,then stumbled and shut off.I did some research and pulled fuse panel to check all relays.Every thing looks good.I put a new fuel pump in and still nothing.I checked the black box above the spare tire.It has two wires going in and both have power with the key on.Is there anything else that will cut power to the pump?The reset button was ok.Is there a way to bypass relay behind fuse panel?It all looks ok but really dont know for sure.....Thanks........

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So it doesn't prime the injectors when you turn the key? Did you measure at the pump to make sure you're getting power?

I'm not sure which years were having trouble with the fuel relay (non-serviceable), but I think it required a fuse panel replacement.

OP
OP
T

turbocam

Reaction score
So it doesn't prime the injectors when you turn the key? Did you measure at the pump to make sure you're getting power?

I'm not sure which years were having trouble with the fuel relay (non-serviceable), but I think it required a fuse panel replacement.

It has no pressure.Pump doesnt come on at all.I jumped the old pump today with a battery and it runs.Something is cutting the power to the pump.All fuses were good and the relays LOOKED good.......THANKS..............

CARO'S98EB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
CK to see if tou have power at the inertia switch with the key on then it is probably the fuel pump module on the frame.