Fuel Sys 1 status CL-Fault 1999 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeA

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone with a service manual, can you tell me what all can trigger this fault?

I know a OL is for cold starts, a CL is when the O2S/HO2S is at a certain temp, the pcm starts to control and manage fuel/air, that is the short version of what they are.

I got the CL-Fault , showing up on live data on cold start, when it should be in OL.

I am thinking the O2S is the problem, but what else would trigger this fault?
What are the numbers to check the O2s?

I do not have a service manual to look it up.

OP
OP
MikeA

MikeA

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That site states,
For our Pulling Codes case study this month, our subject vehicle is a 1999 Ford Expedition, and we will address the following codes in reference to open loop fault: P0171, P01741, P1131 and P1151 for Ford products.

I do not have a open loop fault and there is no codes popping up, which is why I am asking if anyone with a service manual, can tell me what, if anything , that can trigger a closed loop fault condition, specially at cold start.

I am leaning towards the O2S, but would like to know what the service manual says.

OP
OP
MikeA

MikeA

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just ran another live data, longer time running, looks like it may be caused by O2S,
bank 1 sensor 1 , shows 0.000
bank 1 sensor 2 , shows 0.500 - 0.750
bank 2 sensor 1 , shows 0.500 - 0.750
bank 2 sensor 2 , shows 0.5000 - 0.750

b1s1, looks dead, will change O2S .

Still would like to know what the service manual says can cause the CL-Fault, just for the knowledge of knowing.

OP
OP
MikeA

MikeA

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was hoping the service manuals would have something on this.

Thanks anyways.

OP
OP
MikeA

MikeA

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks, but I don't need a service manual, atleast not right now.

Am I to assume correctly the service manual has no info on what causes a CL-Fault, since you didn't, mention anything about it?

Was hoping there would have been something on the issue.