fuel tank pressure sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thefishnut

Reaction score
my check engine light came on so i took it to the dealer and found out it was the fuel tank pressure sensor...so i was wondering if the tank has to come all the way out or if i can just loosen it on one end and reach it... if so what end of the tank is it on front or back? thanks

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What year do you have, and what was the code? Was it P0452/0453?

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

thefishnut

Reaction score
it's a 2002 and the code was 0453....i ask them at the dealer if they were sure that it wasn't a bad wire or anything else and they said it was for sure the sensor. $105 for the sensor at the dealer.

OP
OP
T

thefishnut

Reaction score
i replaced the fuel pump 3 months ago and today it died on me twice i had to shoot some gas in the breather for it to start,, so i think the pump is going out again too. what next.

T2p2

Reaction score
my check engine light came on so i took it to the dealer and found out it was the fuel tank pressure sensor...so i was wondering if the tank has to come all the way out or if i can just loosen it on one end and reach it... if so what end of the tank is it on front or back? thanks

Hello. I am new here and my first time to post.
I am also looking for the fuel tank pressure sensor on my 2005 Expedition.
I took the the tank today but everything on it looks different from the diagrams I have seen. I am having a P1450 error code.

Thanks in advance.

T2P2