FYI - 2015 Ford Expedition to get 5.0 liter 32-valve Ti-VCT V-8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
I would have to disagree. I see plenty of women(including soccer moms) driving diesel powered trucks. I think if you tell tell them they are going to get 25+ mpg's, they would buy them.

Don't tell me. Tell Ford. :p

Was just stating an Expy stereotype. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

LocDoc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
EcoBoost in the Navigator? Seems like that could hurt sales, not help them! Personally, I would think that the EcoBoost would sell better in the Expedition.

But then again, everyone I know with the EcoBoost in an F150 wishes they had gotten the V8!

Ford’s global director, Matt VanDyke, confirmed the week before last, that the Lincoln Navigator would get the EcoBoost V-6, while the Expedition will hang onto V-8 power.

That’s more likely to further separate the two vehicles (they are also expected to differ more in appearance too) and because of the fact that more owners tow with the Expedition than the Navigator.

The Expedition will keep the more heavy-duty V-8 which can endure prolonged towing. A diesel engine is possible, but for now, has not been discussed in any near plans.

Last edited:

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Jeezz... They announce the Expy is getting DOHC 5.0 motor and the response is?!? :shakehead:

Ungrateful :bawl: :baby:'s

OK.... I feel much better now. :) :uhoh2:

Last edited:

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
double post??

Last edited:

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jeezz... They announce the Expy is getting DOHC 5.0 motor and the response is?!? :shakehead:

Ungrateful :bawl: :baby:'s

OK.... I feel much better now. :) :uhoh2:

Not ungrateful, just disappointed no diesel option. Also, what about a hybrid model?

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm not sure why anyone has not done a hybrid diesel it seems to make the most sense. Electric for city and Diesel for hwy. should get huge MPG and still tow a house.