Gauge cluster question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5starChad

Reaction score
Good morning guys. So just tossing around some ideas and had a quick question maybe some of you could help me with. As my Lightning conversion is getting closer to being done I stumbled across a great deal on a Lightning instrument cluster. Now I know to swap clusters you have to reprogram PATS and I have a buddy at a dealer that can do it for me no problem. My question is though...my Expedition is a 97 so it has the mechanical odometer. The Lightning cluster has a digital odometer. The plugs are the same and everything but not sure if it would work or not. Anyone have any insight on this? All I can find googling is someone saying it wouldn't work in a 97-98 F150 but that's because they didn't have a PATS system until 99. The Expedition however did have PATS in 97-98.

OP
OP

5starChad

Reaction score
Well never mind. Been so long since I've even looked at the Expy cluster I just noticed the Expy has a cutout that the shift selector snaps into and the Lightning cluster does not. The Harley Davidson cluster does have the same snap in selector cutout but I don't want to have a cluster with the HD symbol in a non HD vehicle.

OP
OP

5starChad

Reaction score
Okay well just talked to the guy selling it and he says the gear selector snaps in the bottom on the lightning the same as the HD it's just got that cover over it that makes it look like it. So question still stands. Will the odo work?

and0r

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if the cabling is there, it should work.. if the computer is not compatible.. swap it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360