GMC Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bnelsen

Reaction score
I rented an Expedition from Enterprise recently. I had to return it, as the windshield rubber seal was loose and slapping against the roof. They gave me a Yukon instead. I hated it! When I researched the Expedition vs Yukon/Tahoe, despite the older body style the Expedition came out on top. The Yukon has a seat vibrator that goes off if you are too close to another vehicle. The first time it went off, I slammed on the brakes, as I did not know what the hell was happening. The GMC info system is also inferior to the Ford system. So glad I bought my Expedition. I was happy so slide behind the wheel at the airport, when I returned home.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Ford Expediton Limited 4 x 4.

What "info system" that you state is inferior, are you referring to?

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What was the biggest reasons why the expy was better than the yukon

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
What was the biggest reasons why the expy was better than the yukon

POWAAAA!!! have you ever driven a Tahoe then an expedition right after? I did, back to back and the ecoboost is plenty more responsive than the lousy 5.3 hack job LS motor in GM's line up, but I must admit the chevy was more comfortable suspension wise, the Tahoe felt like a minivan nice and comfy, the expedition felt like it's true origin.. an f150 with a permanent cab lol.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Really, i guess its personal perception i guess, your the first to say that about thenewest gen tricks but thats why i asked.

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently rented a 2017 Yukon SLT and thought it was very nice. It drove nice, had a great interior, and beautiful exterior. If GM didn’t have all of their quality issues, it would definitely be on my short list.

We’ll have to see if the 2018 Expy leapfroggs the GM trucks in the looks department. I think it’s promising for Ford. And if Ford can maintain its high quality then the new Expy is a no brainer- if one is in the market for a new truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Idk habbibie i have a family member with a Yukon Denali and my XLT expy was about the same ride if not better. That truck bangs when you hit a bump the expy is softer I'd say. id attribute this to the expy having an independent rear suspension versus GMs solid axle. And yea the 5.3 is slow the 5.4 always stomped on that motor towing. I'd imagine the difference is even more pronounced now with the 3.5. Going from the expy to an F-350.... feels like it bounces a lane going over a bump in comparison to the expy. wouldn't mind getting another expy later on as a secondary, they are comfy trucks.

Last edited:

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I rented an Expedition from Enterprise recently. I had to return it, as the windshield rubber seal was loose and slapping against the roof. They gave me a Yukon instead. I hated it! When I researched the Expedition vs Yukon/Tahoe, despite the older body style the Expedition came out on top. The Yukon has a seat vibrator that goes off if you are too close to another vehicle. The first time it went off, I slammed on the brakes, as I did not know what the hell was happening. The GMC info system is also inferior to the Ford system. So glad I bought my Expedition. I was happy so slide behind the wheel at the airport, when I returned home.

I have a 2015 Ford Expedition Limited 4x4.

The vehicle information system does NOT display the individual tire pressures, the oil pressure (in PSI) or oil temperature (in degrees), or the coolant temperature (in degrees). It does display the transmission fluid temperature in degrees.

The GM SUV's display all of the information in degrees or PSI.

How is the GMC system inferior?

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The new ford system in the current f150 n 18 expys displays more infornation

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People survived decades with vehicles that had all analog gauges with very limited info. We are all spoiled. I can survive without the info system but it is nice to have. I don't believe mine displays oil or coolant temp either, but it doesn't need to. I do agree though the GM info system is a cool instrument.

Last edited: