Good city and highway tires, some rough patches some rain? no snow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What's good for smoother quieter ride?

What rim size and sidewall height?

Also, if you have experience making the change, how's longevity vs. LT265/70r17 BFG A/T

brick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the same tire size on my old 2003EB. It is hard to beat a Michelin LTX M/S2 for a smooth, quiet ride, and excellent tread wear.
brick

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What's good for smoother quieter ride?

What rim size and sidewall height?

Also, if you have experience making the change, how's longevity vs. LT265/70r17 BFG A/T

I had the original BFG KO on my truck years ago and while the grip was awesome in everything from dry to deep snow, the treadwear was awful. I burned through 2 sets in 60K miles. The Michelin LTX pales in comparison in terms of grip, but the only time I really noticed was in snow/ice - and after 58K it still had ~6/32nd of tread left (sold the vehicle at that point).

USMCBuckWild

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Michelin M/S for me.

The Nitto N421Q appeara to be a solid all around performer. Have them on wife's exploder and am very pleased with them.

ArmyRover

Reaction score
Bridgestone Duelers have been doing a great job for me for 25K miles. Smooth and quiet, solid performers in the rain. I'm running 265/70-17

OP
OP
A

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had the original BFG KO on my truck years ago and while the grip was awesome in everything from dry to deep snow, the treadwear was awful. I burned through 2 sets in 60K miles. The Michelin LTX pales in comparison in terms of grip, but the only time I really noticed was in snow/ice - and after 58K it still had ~6/32nd of tread left (sold the vehicle at that point).

30k miles on a single set of tires sounds DREAMY by my standards...

ArmyRover

Reaction score
I think my Bridgestones judging from current wear will probably safely make it another 40-50k.