Good city and highway tires, some rough patches some rain? no snow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mileage wear on these beasts depends on three things. 1, a tight non worn front end, all parts with 0 play, 2, a quality 4 wheel alignment by a shop with a alignment rack that has accurate rim gauges , you'd be surprised how many shops drop the heads that clamp to the wheels, and never recalibrate them. The techs never want to tell the boss. And 3, tire rotation, and proper pressure. Without tire rotation every 5k, you won't get any mileage out of your tires. I agree with the other members, Michelin or Goodyear are pricey, but work the best. You gotta look for deals, but you can buy your tires ahead of schedule, if a killer deal comes up, and have the retailer hold them for you. If it means $100.00 or more, and your going to need them anyway, store them away in a cool dry place. Airlines do that with jet fuel all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've wore out tires in about 10k miles before (and I'm talking wore down to near racing slicks) but those tires were 220 treadwear tires used on my autocross car that was autocrossed heavily in 90+ degree summer days.

If you're not getting at least 30k on a set of tires for a regular vehicle, you've got some mechanical issues you need to sort out.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That or your driving your Expedition like Dale Earnhardt Jr!

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Your tires must be riding on a two inch cloud above the pavement. I've never gotten better than 40k on any vehicle I've owned, and I drive like a 90 year old grandpa!

USMCBuckWild

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Your tires must be riding on a two inch cloud above the pavement. I've never gotten better than 40k on any vehicle I've owned, and I drive like a 90 year old grandpa!

Nope. I research, research, research, buy appropriately (right tire for the vic/situation), inflate properly, rotate often, ensure the vehicle is properly aligned. Replace worn steering/suspension components immediately.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A green one of course!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graphite-INDITE