Good coil over strut replacements?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bubba

Reaction score
I've been reading about coil over kits for an hour now and the reviews are all over the place. Rancho, Strutmasters..etc...all have great reviews but they also have plenty of horrible reviews as well. Stuff I'd rather not go through. I'd like to hear more about experiences with these products please.

Thanks you and have a ******* day!

Hawaiianbasshead

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd say bilstein if you can get fitting ones I haven't checked much into them for the expy but they're great struts all around imo

gga357

Reaction score
Does Bilstein make an over coil strut assembly for Expeditions? I have not found any. Looking at the Monroe quick strut and Strutmasters. Can't figure out which has a better percentage of good vs bad reviews/comments. I guess my biggest concern is the soft/mushy comments about Monroes. Many of the reviews I have found are several years old, does anyone have more recent experiences?

I have a 2013 EL King Ranch.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
I wish Tien made some for our trucks those are IMO the best of coil overs

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
From what I heard monroe quickstruts are ultra-cheapies for one-stop solutions on a tight budget, mostly for people who can't afford to have a shop do it and lack the knowledge/confidence to DIY without a pre-assembled one piece solution....

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
PS make sure you don't inadvertently get the ones made specifically for the quickest cheapest shortcut to convert to the ghetto "slammed as hell" look, though

Some of these kits, adjustible or not, are for kids making a "fashion statement" on a tight budget...not at all intended to be a replacement for a blown shock. In those cases, the adjustment in question is for getting aftermarket wheels to fit right, not for actually dialing in a non'slammed ride height