Got my build date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Delivery was delayed a week, but the dealer got my Navigator in today. However, they are now telling me that it may be a couple days before I can pick it up because Lincoln sends someone out to do the inspections? The torture...

View attachment 22554

That looks so serious! Wow. If you took it home today, I expect pictures by Saturday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Navigators arrived in my area two weeks ago. The ones that arrived then were all ordered for customers and therefore were not available for test drives. However, last Monday, Dec 4, several Navis arrived to go straight onto the lot and are available for test drive and purchase. I live in the Washington DC metro area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kilikkun

Reaction score
The car is awesome. I'm still below 80 miles, so I don't feel I can give it a full review yet, but it is a smooth, quite ride. It almost feels more like a boat than a car the way it feels like you are "floating" over the road. I got the L and it is BIG. I didnt realize how big it looked when I was picking it up at the dealer, but once I approached it from the side when I was leaving work, I could tell how long it really is. However, it doesn't feel big when driving it. The only time I have been concerned with the size is when I go to park and I've found I'm being more conservative/cautious about the size than needed.

The interior is amazing. I was concerned about some comments in reviews about the materials used in trims below Black Label being somewhat "cheaper" and the only pictures or in-person vehicles had been Black Labels until I got mine. I can say that the Reserve is still really nice. I love the 30way seats, it feels like the car is hugging you the whole time and the "massage" is a nice bonus. The ventilated seats are really well done. I've been in cars that have them but you can hear them more than feel them. These you can feel for sure.

I haven't played much with the rear entertainment system yet. I did a quick test of using Miracast to cast a movie from my phone to the screens and that worked. I need to figure how the car handles the audio for that though. I got the upgraded Revel Ultima system and it is awesome. It may be a bit louder on the highs, so I am still tweaking it to find a balance to my tastes.

I couldn't be happier. It was well worth the wait. We have our first kid due in less than 2 weeks, and the car seems to have every feature you can imagine for kids. We got the 2nd row bench, and all 3 seats in the row have the Latch system. The middle row can also be moved closer to the front seats independently of the 2 outer seats. I didn't know it had that feature until I read the official brochure that came out like 3 weeks ago. Also, having both the 2nd and 3rd seats fold flat using the controls in the trunk is awesome. I'm sure it is exaggerated because I have the L, but when both rows are folded down, the cargo space looks huge. I have 2 big dogs so this (plus the first of a few kids) is why I wanted the L to begin with.

If anyone has questions or wants some additional pictures, feel free to ask. I'll try to check here more often so I can answer anything posted.

download_20171209_102657.jpg

download_20171209_102704.jpg

download_20171209_102717.jpg

download_20171209_102742.jpg

download_20171209_102747.jpg

OP
OP
Artie

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can almost catch a whif of that new car smell from those pictures. About 4 more weeks until I pick up my Reserve. We went with Cappuccino interior and have been curious if that was the best choice with 2 kids under 18 months. Thanks for the review!

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That interior is A+ sweet, the attention to detail in the armrests and front console is a show of how much effort and thought was put in. While my Not cup of tea styling wise I definitely see why people would like it very cool. Also love your choice of exterior color.

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks great! Call me a heretic, but once you have kid #2, the most important feature for kids is power sliding doors. Other than that, the Navigator will have you covered...

OP
OP
Artie

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks great! Call me a heretic, but once you have kid #2, the most important feature for kids is power sliding doors. Other than that, the Navigator will have you covered...
I agree with the sliding door feature, those are so awesome on minivans but I’ve yet to see a mini van with 4 wheel drive and 9 inches of ground clearance. Therefore, our active lifestyle in the woods has requirements a minivan just can handle.

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Agreed. But we've already got a minivan for in-town kid schlepping tasks. The Expedition will be to replace the now-too-small XJ Cherokee for non-urban adventuring. Different tools for different jobs.