Got my build date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The car is awesome. I'm still below 80 miles, so I don't feel I can give it a full review yet, but it is a smooth, quite ride. It almost feels more like a boat than a car the way it feels like you are "floating" over the road. I got the L and it is BIG. I didnt realize how big it looked when I was picking it up at the dealer, but once I approached it from the side when I was leaving work, I could tell how long it really is. However, it doesn't feel big when driving it. The only time I have been concerned with the size is when I go to park and I've found I'm being more conservative/cautious about the size than needed.

The interior is amazing. I was concerned about some comments in reviews about the

Wow, that looks amazing. Yes, that is an awesome vehicle. Go ahead and post as many pictures as you like (can). I think we're all interested in seeing more of that beauty. Yes, I too was curious as most reviewers kept talking about the Black Label.

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can almost catch a whif of that new car smell from those pictures. About 4 more weeks until I pick up my Reserve. We went with Cappuccino interior and have been curious if that was the best choice with 2 kids under 18 months. Thanks for the review!

Wait, isn't that the lightest color for the interior?

OP
OP
Artie

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wait, isn't that the lightest color for the interior?
Yes, the cappuccino is the lightest color. We like how it looks the best but stains could be an issue. I guess it will make it easy to see what needs clean up so as long as we don’t let anything sit we’ll be fine. Up until this point our kids have been pretty clean so maybe it won’t be so bad.

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, the cappuccino is the lightest color. We like how it looks the best but stains could be an issue. I guess it will make it easy to see what needs clean up so as long as we don’t let anything sit we’ll be fine. Up until this point our kids have been pretty clean so maybe it won’t be so bad.

Artie, in my opinion it gets worse before it gets better as the babies grow into elementary aged. But the good news is the floor is still dark even with the cappuccino colored seats. I recommend getting the widest car seat protector/cover on the market that is also water proof. That’s what we used in a Lexus and BMW and after 5 years of spilled ice cream, smashed greasy French fries, and every drink imaginable, our seats still looked perfect. Water proof, and wide. That’s the key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With little kids, and leather, seat covers under the car seats are a must. When our 3 kids were little covered the seat with a blanket treated with scotchguard. It saved the seats for sure.

rumline

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We went with Cappuccino interior and have been curious if that was the best choice with 2 kids under 18 months. Thanks for the review!
I've had light interiors in my cars since before my kids were born. Now 4 and 2. I didn't get any seat protector, since automotive "leather" is pretty easy to clean, provided you don't let it bake in for a week or two. Leatherique FTW. But I would highly recommend all-weather floor mats because you won't have to worry at all about dropped stuff. I like the Husky X-Act Contours or the Heavy Duty since they're a softer rubber material vs hard plastic.

One tip though regardless of interior color: think twice about allowing kiddos to drink milk in the car. I don't mean momma's milk, I'm talking about cow milk. When (not if) they spill it you'll be in for professional interior detailing at least once to get rid of the smell. Oh God the smell....

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
But the whole point of leather seats is that they're impermeable surfaces* and you don't *need* a cover. It's like putting a cover on a cover. Wipe up the big stuff immediately, and regularly clean and treat the seats and you'll be good to go. And spend the money you save not buying seat covers on floor mats, the kind that hold a couple quarts of fluid and which you can hose off. *Unless your second and third row seats have the little holes in them, which is, ah, unhelpful. And one of the reasons I won't consider a Yukon XL Denali.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Leather can stain. The softer the leather the easier it accepts stain, or can be stained. Bonded leather which is cheap, is harder to stain because of the glue they use in the bonding process. Not to mention the scuffing that will take place from the car seats rubbing on the leather. Hey, but it's your vehicle use it as you please, that goes without saying.

OP
OP
Artie

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've had light interiors in my cars since before my kids were born. Now 4 and 2. I didn't get any seat protector, since automotive "leather" is pretty easy to clean, provided you don't let it bake in for a week or two. Leatherique FTW. But I would highly recommend all-weather floor mats because you won't have to worry at all about dropped stuff. I like the Husky X-Act Contours or the Heavy Duty since they're a softer rubber material vs hard plastic.

One tip though regardless of interior color: think twice about allowing kiddos to drink milk in the car. I don't mean momma's milk, I'm talking about cow milk. When (not if) they spill it you'll be in for professional interior detailing at least once to get rid of the smell. Oh God the smell....
I was considering the weathertech mats but I’ll check out the Husky ones you mentioned, I always appreciate recommendations from people who gave experience with a product.

I’m way ahead of you with the milk! I’ve always been pretty strict about eating in my cars but one time my now wife and I had an accident with homemade whipped cream in the backseat and oh my the clean up was terrible. I think cleaning a murder scene in the back seat would have been easier. I had to remove the seat covers from the foam and everything.... never again!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni