Gotts Mod **Pics**

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thevalleyboy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I just measured my 2006 up for the Gott's Mod here is what I have found out with photos. On the 2006 it's a single piece and you will probably have to hack it up a bit... that said the photo's speak for themselves - 2 3/8" unobstructed in mine - the calipers on the opening do not lie.

Has anyone in here done this already to a 2006? or other similar year with the same set up - I might have to be the first - however there is no going back after I take a saw to the end of this intake...

PICT0124.jpg
PICT0121.jpg
PICT0122.jpg
PICT0119.jpg
PICT0117.jpg
PICT0120.jpg

OP
OP
T

thevalleyboy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I just completed my Gott's Mod on my 2006 Expedition - here are the photos and details - I have not yet tested it yet - gotta wait until the Permatex Dries, and of course until tomorrow - I had a few bevies while doing it.

PICT0168.jpg
3 1/4" of breathing room... this is a PVC to ABS adapter so it's a little thinner than the standard 3" ABS - it's also easier to make fit into that not quiet round hole in the fender well - I still did a little sanding with a "dremmel" tool to the interior and exterior to smooth everything out

PICT0170.jpg
I'm committed now! Off with your head! :) (b)

PICT0171.jpg
Photos of the intake, rubber adapter, and part I cut off

PICT0172.jpg
Rubber adapter with a little black silicone to seal the exterior - not on the inside so it should not ever get sucked inside - gotta love Permatex

PICT0173.jpg
Finished - completed all installed - now I gotta test it.

So from my calculations
2.4"+/- from the previous photos = 4.52 in2
3.25"+/- from the new Gotts Mod = 8.25 in2

That's almost twice as much area to breathe - so hopefully I'll see some improvements in mileage, power - I'll report tomorrow after some test driving

kmh1596

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For those with the weird "add-on" to their factory airbox like my 04, this mod is even easier. Remove the extra leg (it unclips), get a short piece of black ABS, a 3" coupler from home depot.. No cutting of the factory parts, no gluing, just a bit of grinding to the abs to get it started in the hole.. Then a hammer and 2x4 are your friend.

BEFORE:

23C33B2B-26B5-4D1A-99C7-BD57AC1693D3-6084-0000025AC79934DB_zps40774f3a.jpg

AFTER:
12DF2C2F-7A1C-47EF-88F8-27A1886F1E5C-6084-0000025ABF80AC87_zps3fc06429.jpg

Took about 25 mins total, most of which "convincing" the ABS pipe to fit into the factory opening.

Jeckler

Reaction score
My version...
A 32 ounce drink cup from the local movie theater, a hose clamp and some foam. The 32 ounce cup was my 3rd attempt. The opening of the 1st was too small, the cup was too short on the 2nd attempt, and the 3rd was just right (sound familiar?)
photojks.jpg

kmh1596

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My version...
A 32 ounce drink cup from the local movie theater, a hose clamp and some foam. The 32 ounce cup was my 3rd attempt. The opening of the 1st was too small, the cup was too short on the 2nd attempt, and the 3rd was just right (sound familiar?)
photojks.jpg

Jeckler,

You do know that the ABS and Rubber Coupler (including clamps) only runs about $15 total, right? Personally, not digging the look of the cut up plastic cup. Also, if that gets brittle at any time, it will be sucked into the intake. Yes, it will be caught in the filter, but still.

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
Jeckler,

You do know that the ABS and Rubber Coupler (including clamps) only runs about $15 total, right? Personally, not digging the look of the cut up plastic cup. Also, if that gets brittle at any time, it will be sucked into the intake. Yes, it will be caught in the filter, but still.

thats funny right there with that soda cup...great mock up tool...if those stupid engineers would be as creative thing might be done right in the first place...

Jeckler

Reaction score
Like Mr. Baker said, it's just for mockup. :)
Actually apparently in the plumbing world, a coupler is not the same as a coupling, and Lowe's doesn't carry them. I couldn't find them online anyway, and I spent an hour last week wandering the aisles of the local store. Off to Home Depot after work today instead. I found it there after using the right keyword. That's initially what prompted me to use the cup.

kmh1596

Full Access Members
Reaction score
New here and new truck (to me). was wondering if there is anything wrong with what i did?

4" to 3" coupler and 3" ABS

Yes..., I don't believe that you have an air filter anymore? Unless it is over the intake?