GPS map update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dark_copper

Reaction score
We just purchased a 2017 Expedition. It's GPS maps are more out of date than the maps on the 2012 Expedition that we traded in.

How do we get the maps updated? And is Ford going to charge us?

Thank you

USMCBuckWild

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We just purchased a 2017 Expedition. It's GPS maps are more out of date than the maps on the 2012 Expedition that we traded in.

Thank you

I wanted to update my 2012 and it was $125. From what other members have stated, the update is basically worthless. I say bring it back to the dealer and demand they update it as its a brand new vehicle

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Thank you

I ordered and purchased a new 2015 Expediton Limited 4x4 (my first Ford in over 45 years of driving and owning vehicles).

I was interested in the factory navigation system. The salesman knew virtually nothing about the system and none of his coworkers knew much either. The factory brochure had virtually no information about the system - other than to show it was an option. The Ford web site also had virtually no information on the system.

As such - this was one option I did not order. I have always wondered how many people would purchase this option if Ford cared enough to provide potential customers with information about the system.

I know this doesn't help you - but I suspect you will have to return the vehicle to the dealer to have the system properly updated. Good luck.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thank you

Page 406 in your manual. You have to purchase updates. The website www.navigation.com/sync list the last Expedition as 2016 in the drop down and says the vehicle has the latest maps. It doesn't list the 2017.

I haven't checked my maps on my navigation system - how do you know how old they are?