Had my truck rust treated today (pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Took my truck across the border into Canada and had Krown treat it today. They drilled holes in all of the body panels and rocker panels. Pulled the tail light housings and sprayed their Krown oil into every hole and orifice. Then they lifted the truck and sprayed the entire undercarriage, wheel wells, everything. They sprayed the engine compartment door sills, liftgate sills. Very very thorough. I was impressed. Not my first Krown experience but the first time with the Expedition. I’ll have it treated again this coming summer and then just have it done yearly after that. 62f07877d6fadb91e6cc5222e0ba7b9e.jpgda9157e021868134cd149dff3107a26a.jpg080d6d3609223c4fdf26e29b6ccc62fe.jpgd5a147a9efe9b3501e73789bd3f68faf.jpg31eea086c1f06af16004967f18aa90d4.jpg17f16e9d0c5e04a524a56bf757e37f9f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Awesome! I wish I had my 07 since it was new or closer because I would have been all over this. For me the rust is already well on its way so ive been sanding and using por15 on it as I find it and have oil sprayed everything myself. My next new car will get this treatment immediately

OP
OP
Muddy Bean

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Gixer, I think your closest Krown service center is in Vermont. Double check

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it’s never too late to do the rust treatment. I spray everything underneath and in the holes with fluid film as I’ve talked to some people who have had great success with it, everyone says it stops existing rust in its tracks as well so we will see how it holds up. It collects a coating of dust and then just becomes a tacky dry film over the stuff.

Last edited:

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any thoughts as to why they didn't drop the spare tire and set it aside? Seems like access would be better and the tire not subject to absorbing so much petroleum based oil.

I'd probably pull the tow ball mount too since crude likes to hide in the receiver tube.

Is your planned second application just to get you on a yearly schedule that falls in the summer months?

OP
OP
Muddy Bean

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any thoughts as to why they didn't drop the spare tire and set it aside? Seems like access would be better and the tire not subject to absorbing so much petroleum based oil.

I'd probably pull the tow ball mount too since crude likes to hide in the receiver tube.

Is your planned second application just to get you on a yearly schedule that falls in the summer months?

The tech took a looong nose hose and was able to throughly spray underneath the spare. I could have removed it beforehand and frankly I think I will when I get my summer treatment. Good idea. I’m not worried about my spare absorbing the stuff. It’s going to be swapped with a KO2 and I’ve had this stuff sprayed on my previous trucks spare for years and never had a problem.

Yes to the second question, I want to be on a yearly summer schedule. When it’s this cold, even though the oil is being applied at 160 degrees inside a heated shop, once I get outside, it freezes and doesn’t flow well. The truck is then dripping oil on and off for months. After a summer treatment, it drips and slobbers for a couple of weeks and you’re done. Also, from what I understand, rust doesn’t occur below freezing as much as it does when the temps rise. Technically spring is the best time to get treated because of this, but I can’t get back into town until June. So my yearly schedule should be June to June...sorry long answer to your simple question :)

And this is why I have this done:
917514c28e9d47e0d542f56ef7e97439.jpg

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Gixer, I think your closest Krown service center is in Vermont. Double check

Yeah there's one in Vermont and New York and New Jersey. I visit NY and NJ more often than Vermont so I may Look into having this done anyway. What was the cost in your area?

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
I have had this done 6 or 7 times. Carwell(Krown)$95 and Rustkote$80. It helps but...what does not drip on to driveway, evaporates or washes off(rain washed off driveway). My rear wheel wells were dry, after a month. My battery died(sudden) a couple of days after getting sprayed. They sprayed the wires and terminals. There was a pool on top of battery. Carwell said there was no connection, but who knows. I complained about dry wheel wells and was given a re-spray. They soaked it, this time. The wheel wells were dry in a month. My brake line and trailing arms still rusted out. I had the door panel off, I could not not see any product inside. While waiting at shop, a customer was complaining, about the same thing. He used an inspection camera in the "holes". This year, I am switching to to Rust Stop. It is a thick foamy, no drip film, that can last for years. $70 for undercarriage, $120 for complete. I will let everyone know, how it looks. I knew a guy who did this himself. He used, old motor oil, transmission fluid and kerosene. He spayed it in his yard. He said it is messy, but cost almost nothing.

Last edited: