handle broke on the rear liftgate compartment door that holds the jack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michaelinchains

Full Access Members
Reaction score
washed her off today & when i went to put my cleaners away in that rear flat compartment that holds the jack,the plastic handle broke off:nono:****** me off,now i gots to get the damn thing to open back up.anyone else have this $2.00 plastic pos break on `em?

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, a while ago. I have to use a pen to open it. Actually, come to think of it, it might have been broken when we got it... Haven't found the motivation to look for a replacement when the pen works pretty well.

OP
OP
michaelinchains

michaelinchains

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yea, a while ago. I have to use a pen to open it. Actually, come to think of it, it might have been broken when we got it... Haven't found the motivation to look for a replacement when the pen works pretty well.
thanx Elvato,didnt have time to fool w/ it today but ill try your pen trick tomorrow

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A knitting needles works pretty well :)

To open, I "pull" on the door as a whole to move the latch just enough to where the needle or pen can catch it and pull it the rest of the way out.

OP
OP
michaelinchains

michaelinchains

Full Access Members
Reaction score
junk yard can wait,busy holiday weekend w/ family & lotz of alcohol & gambling planned,not in that order:rotflmao:so now i need one of these pos handles & that pos gear that pops on the rear a/c vents,the list is gettin longer..BTW i still have new Eibach lowering springs for sale!!!!cant post yet in the 4 sale section yet..hit me up if interested

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the gear, just "break into" any of the rear AC door motors from any of the Expeditions and take out the gears. Personally, I like grabbing them from the older Expys, since those never really had broken gear problems.