Has anyone bought one of these?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clemson82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
http://www.qvc.com/HALO-Bolt-ACDC-P...-AC-Outlet-&-Car-Charger.product.E230549.html

I've literally never watched a shopping network show in my entire life but happened to see this as I was scrolling through and stopped. Interestingly, the car they use in the demo is an Expedition. I don't know how they continuously keep the battery completely dead, because I've seen them do this repeatedly on TV with the same car in a matter of a few minutes.

Anyway, any thoughts on if these things are safe? Can they damage the battery or charging system? With a typical jump I always connect the black to the ground, not the battery. Thoughts?

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Its just a power box like any other. Seems a bit flimsy and a bit pricey.

A proper ground should be tappable at any point, running to one central point 8s more of an organizational/troubleshooting technique than a rule.

Afair, there is a factory option for a twin battery system, so getting/copying that would be preferable.