Has anyone used the Ford X-plan on their 2018 order or any previous purchase?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We used our Mustang Club of America membership to sign up for the Ford X-plan and are curious as to what benefits it has when buying vs not having it. We plan on buying a 2018 but are undecided on ordering now or waiting and don't know if the X-plan pricing would be different if we waited vs ordered now. Any ideas?

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Unless changed recently, X-plan is available on current and previous model years. So left-over 2016's and current 2017's are eligible. You'll have to wait until Jan 1, 2018 to use X-plan on a 2018 model.

Dealer participation is optional, which surprises many and I have been told no by a small dealer once on a new F150. You might be hard pressed to find a dealer willing to accept X-plan on anything all-new or completely redesigned. So its 100% YMMV. Ford also periodically excludes vehicles as they see fit. Sometimes low volume, sometimes not.

I've been an EAA member for years and membership includes X-plan, and my employer has a few thousand Fords so we get the same X-plan pricing, except they call it fleet-supplier discount. Its a good way to buy a vehicle and I have used it several times. It will encourage you to not trade anything in.

OP
OP
Artie

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Unless changed recently, X-plan is available on current and previous model years. So left-over 2016's and current 2017's are eligible. You'll have to wait until Jan 1, 2018 to use X-plan on a 2018 model.

Dealer participation is optional, which surprises many and I have been told no by a small dealer once on a new F150. You might be hard pressed to find a dealer willing to accept X-plan on anything all-new or completely redesigned. So its 100% YMMV. Ford also periodically excludes vehicles as they see fit. Sometimes low volume, sometimes not.

I've been an EAA member for years and membership includes X-plan, and my employer has a few thousand Fords so we get the same X-plan pricing, except they call it fleet-supplier discount. Its a good way to buy a vehicle and I have used it several times. It will encourage you to not trade anything in.

Oh that's good to know I'd have to wait until Jan 1, 2018 to use it. I guess we will run the numbers and see if it's worth the wait or not. Thanks for the info!

theoldwizard1

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Having handed out many X-plans over the years, I concur ! New models may not be available for immediate order even on A/Z plan.

some times the rebates are higher that using the xplan.
If they are factory rebates/incentives they go ON TOP OF X-plan discounts.

theoldwizard1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
X-Plan - a.k.a. "friends and neighbors" of current or retired salaried employees. Also granted to many suppliers.

Is it a good deal ? Maybe. If you live in a non-competitive market area (one dealer for many miles around) and you don't want to haggle (but you still get to haggle over your trade in), then, you would like X-Plan.

Can a good negotiator get a lower price ? Maybe, but it would likely be on a new vehicle that has been sitting on the lot for a couple of months.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
X-Plan - a.k.a. "friends and neighbors" of current or retired salaried employees. Also granted to many suppliers.

Is it a good deal ? Maybe. If you live in a non-competitive market area (one dealer for many miles around) and you don't want to haggle (but you still get to haggle over your trade in), then, you would like X-Plan.

Can a good negotiator get a lower price ? Maybe, but it would likely be on a new vehicle that has been sitting on the lot for a couple of months.
Thanks, I could have used that earlier this year. We bought 2- used vehicles for our kids and two new vehicles for ourselves. :)

OP
OP
Artie

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm not familar with the X-plan, how do you get access to that?

Several membership type organizations offer access to it. I get mine because I'm a member of the Mustang Club of America. Another organization mentioned in this thread is EAA (Experimental Aircraft Association). I'm sure there are several avenues to take to get it.