Has anyone used the Ford X-plan on their 2018 order or any previous purchase?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
a thru z are plans for employees and other groups and each are listed on the REAL invoice produced by ford. the 2018 expsy and other vehicles are eligible as soon as they pop into the build and price pages, so getting an 18 at good price is possible as soon as they land.
in fact you can order one now and use x plan or other plans.
NOT THE WINDOW STICKER, that is a locally created BS document on pricing,
usually three different prices on the real invoice, not the window sticker
the rules allow a dealer to not participate, but the easy part is if a dealer has teh vehicle you want and does not want to play ball, go to another dealer and they can transfer it at no cost if you call FORD and complain. but then the non guy will then play ball,
dealers get a SKID fee and some other perks from FORD for every z thru z plan vehicle sold.
skid fee is around 500 to 1000, and earn bonus points with corporate. thats how some little guys are the only ones selling HOT cars like mustang shelby gts or ford GTs that are hard to get.
i get X plan through disabled veterans.
many other groups also qualify or pay to use the x plan, like costco. costco also uses a similar plan with GM to offer vehicles to members at prices below dealer made up window sticker
some larger companies also are in the programs for their employees, when I worked for TITAN, we got huge discounts with DELL, Verizon, avis, hertz and tons of other companies. I am talking HUGE dell discounts. But most big companies have them as part of the thank you package for working for them.
x plan also varies between 5 and 10% off msrp. and is dependent on vehicle and its costs, lesser vehicles get lesser discounts
i bought both my last f150 with x plan. my expy i got well under X plan at the dealer so i never used my PIN. I get 4 per year and can donate one to a close family member as long as it meet s the plan requirements. i uploaded a screen shot of 2017 expy
it also shows you incentives that are available which also can be combined with the x plan price. like military or police or first responders and even college student ( i get that one to)
employees of ford get a whole different price which is another % off msrp.
back in 2006 when ford andgm tried to boost sales by offering employee pricing it was really x plan...and it killed trade values on those vehicles for years because..they sold for such low prices.
2017-08-08.png

Last edited:

theoldwizard1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A-plan is for current salaried employees. Z-plan is for retire salaried employees. It is NOT a flat "percent off" the sticker. A/Z-plan purchaser are required to own the vehicle for at least 6 months before selling/transferring.

Dealers are NOT allowed to discount A/Z-Plan, but there is plenty of wiggle room on your trade in. As for swapping cars between dealers, it is not a requirement that the dealer participate. They actually own the cars on their lot.

Dealers are allowed to charge a "document fees" (what a scam; type my name and address, maybe some banking information and the computer does the rest).

theoldwizard1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Watch for Ford to come out with big discounted leases (by declaring a high residual price) and low finance incentives after the initial back log of 2018 Expedition orders are filled.

I got my 2016 Edge, after trade in, ZERO down and ZERO percent interest ! First time i a LONG time that I have had a car payment but, I did not have to tap into my IRA !!

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watch for Ford to come out with big discounted leases (by declaring a high residual price) and low finance incentives after the initial back log of 2018 Expedition orders are filled.

I got my 2016 Edge, after trade in, ZERO down and ZERO percent interest ! First time i a LONG time that I have had a car payment but, I did not have to tap into my IRA !!
We caught a good sale on my 2017 Expedition (or at least I think it was a good sale) It was $100 below factory invoice price, a $6000 rebate, and they gave me $3000 for my 05 Eddie Bauer Expedition with 146K miles on it.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Darn good trade in !
That's what I thought. They put it on the lot for $7900. The guy that bought it made them repaint the hood and the liftgate. I didn't hear what number they settled on but that painting the hood and liftgate was quoted to me at $2500 retail when I looked into a few years ago. It needed radiator supports, rockers, and passenger side floorboard was rusting out too. I guess if he can do the work himself he got a good deal. Everything worked which was a plus.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think these plans are terrific, especially for those that aren't keen on negotiating. A lot of folks are put off by having to negotiate a deal so for them, those programs & plans are a Godsend. I have negotiated for a living for 30+ years and I love playing the game but I also understand that most people don't.

jeff

OP
OP
Artie

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think these plans are terrific, especially for those that aren't keen on negotiating. A lot of folks are put off by having to negotiate a deal so for them, those programs & plans are a Godsend. I have negotiated for a living for 30+ years and I love playing the game but I also understand that most people don't
jeff

You pretty much summed me up, I do not fair well in negotiations. It drives my wife crazy lol

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni