hauler trailer repaint and refresh

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
had this puppy since 2009 and the paint was showing some wear from sun, chains, oil, etc etc etc.
plus i had some rust stains from little nicks and scrapes.

massey ferguson red, still have one more topcoat for the deck, new pin-striping and of course updated lighting and reflective tape. had new fender put on last november and it stuck out like a sore you know what.

repaint (2).jpg

repaint (7).jpg

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nicely done. Did you have any thoughts to leaving the E-track unpainted? I did on mine because I was afraid the clips on the attachments would tear up the paint.

By the way - is that a Big Tex brand trailer? I think they called it Diamond Back with the decking. I owned one very similar with the 45° front corners and wrap around pipe, seemed like an unusual feature. Allows for super tight turning maybe? Mine had the spare mounted flat where your toolbox is. I now have an a mid 80's Terry's aluminum car hauler, dovetail with the extruded aluminum deck. No paint for me!

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
its Machinery paint aka tractor and implement. thick with heavy solids. i brushed and rolled it, up close if you stare past the blinding reflection you can see a few small areas i need to sand and repaint.
i had to put on the E tracks after i bought it.
the E-tracks was in need of some rust preventive, that is the only reason it got painted, plus the bolts needed some work. I imagine the first trip the expy will shine off the paint where it rides, but the rest will stay RED.
I was looking at it today and think i might paint the track black to break up the red.
wiring was redone and added a all lights are now LED. plus new 3m reflective stripes.
trailer is made by kearney in emory tex. right down the road. much dinero less than big tex and none of the attitude. its all steel, diamond plate deck.
I have owned this trailer since 2009, bought it new from them, they have done a few things for me at very reasonable prices.
one new fender 300.00 installed
two new axles/springs 5200lbs each w brakes, 1000.00 installed, i broke the stock 3500lb ones, literally bent the crap out of the tube . with the 2010 f150test fit1.jpg
5 new 6 lug wheels 250.00
12k bull bog coupler in place of the 2" ball snap hitch. 200.00

all in all its been a good trailer, i paid 3000.00 for it new and promptly neat the crap out of it.
been though at least 16 tires.

Last edited: