head swapped

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

F1vel66a

Reaction score
Put a new driver side head on my 98 5.4l @ 175082 miles had some knocking at first like a piston was slamming around but it turned out to be a stuck valve fixed that did oil change and put new cop axxel high voltage and Bosch platinum 2 plus in. runs great had it doing 90mph up a 60% incline. However I do still hear a ticking at higher rpm's around 2800+ and it seems to be from both heads. I'm running 10w30 conventional. Could that be why I have ticking? I also notice I have it at stay up for a second our two but the Bosch filter has a drain back prevention plug... Any ideas?

Last edited:

onlyexilove

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There are a few things that the ticking could be. To be honest I did the full PI head swap on mine and I have the "typical" ford tick. There is always the saying, "if it isn't ticking it isn't running." Can you post video of the tick you are talking about so we can better figure out if it is normal tick or really something to worry about?

OP
OP
F

F1vel66a

Reaction score
I can try to upload one to utube later today last time I tried it wouldn't let me