Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

Nakita23

Reaction score
So are those SL1 plug & play?

Thanks for the insight guys

Dakota4ce

Full Access Members
Reaction score
SL-1 install today. Roughly 20 minutes, easy as pie. Light looks great. Now to upgrade the H7 high beams to match the color!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dakota4ce

Full Access Members
Reaction score
SL-1 install today. Roughly 20 minutes, easy as pie. Light looks great. Now to upgrade the H7 high beams to match the color!

Drove home last night. DRASTIC DIFFERENCE. Highly recommend!

Anyone have an H7 high beam bulb they like in a brighter white?

Z4Mguy

Reaction score
Have a new to me 2017 EL Limited with projector low beams - has anyone looked into just putting a set of 100Watt Halogens in them rather than the upgrade. Did this to my Dads C5 Corvette years ago (with euro lenses and a relay harness to handle the extra power) and they were phenomenal. Reading through various LED vs HID threads has me rather confused as to what to replace the current low beams with. I need to raise them a bit for proper height, but also feel they are too dim. Don't want blue lights though 5000k would be as blue as I would go.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
At 100W, you've exceeded the "rated" size by 45 watts I think...and with halogen, there is a huge added heat penalty. I'm not so sure the lexan/polycarb nacells won't melt under that kind of pressure....or certainly degrade over a short period of time. You do what you want but I'd look around first....and I believe the stock bulbs are 6500K. That was important to me since I wanted them to match the fog leds since the stock bulbs didn't and I thought it looked stupid oh, and they aren't the H11's they say in the manual, they are HB3's(low beams). I replaced mine with Chinese LED's last year....they need to be replaced since they have dimmed but they worked reasonably well for 26 bucks for the set.

jeff