Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OK Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. My slk has HIDS that come on looking like hidden headlights opening....kind of cool to watch. Guess I need to do some research!

jeff

Z4Mguy

Reaction score
Jeff, please post pictures of your install and results. I'm looking to go the HID route as well.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Jeff, please post pictures of your install and results. I'm looking to go the HID route as well.

Will do....I saw your earlier post and was wondering if you'd caught this....glad you did.

The headlight nacelles have locating pins that are tagged together with a plastic band(behind the mounting wall) that should be removed prior to sliding the nacelle out.....be forewarned!

jeff

Z4Mguy

Reaction score
When you say nacelle, you mean the headlight assembly?

Z4Mguy

Reaction score
I'm looking at the Morimoto HID kits, They have both relay kits and CANBUS kits, we have a CANBUS system, right? I'd prefer to use that if possible so as not to have to deal with the extra wiring of the relays.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm looking at the Morimoto HID kits, They have both relay kits and CANBUS kits, we have a CANBUS system, right? I'd prefer to use that if possible so as not to have to deal with the extra wiring of the relays.

Mine needed the relay harness to stop flickering and misfiring.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I received the kit sometime over the weekend and I opened it yesterday to take a look...but that's as far as I got.

Glanced at the install....straightforward.....they suggest 90-120 minutes. My suggestion is that if you find you are anywhere near 90 minutes, don't EVER admit it, TO ANYONE!

It had been a long w/e so maybe I'll get to it this week.

jeff

HID kit.jpg

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Check out the Diode kit jeff got. They come with Hylux 2A88 canbus ballasts. They can be used on canbus/ non canbus cars and are an excellent ballast.