heat problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

knklehd1

Reaction score
I have a 05 xlt with manual heat and a/c. When the front temp is in the red I have heat I would say it's in the normal range or close to it. It's when I take it out of the red even a little it gets to cold. The fan switch position 1 doesn't work I get nothing it's been like that for about 3 years never a problem for me position 2 ect it's fine . The temp gauge is right smack where it's been sense day one in the middle or around there. I thinking the core is fine I do have heat ( i'll check hoses in a few to see if they are hot) . I have ordered new switches off ebay should be here next week sometime. I'm thinking maybe the thermostat or the front blend door actuator. I changed out the front actuator about 2 1/2 yrs ago (it was clicking) it's not making any noises I could hear but that doesn't mean its not bad is there a way I could check to see if it's bad.

thanks for any help !!

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm not 100 percent sure, but your symptoms are identical to a crown Vic taxi I drove about 10 years back. Check to see if theirs a firewall mounted resister that runs through your fan switch. The fan switch itself could be a problem with the missing position, but doubtful. Anytime a variable control is not doing its variable thing, its usually some resistor, or sensor that failed. I drove Lincoln's for years that had Ac at 60 degrees, but switched to heat at 65. A bad sensor was usually the culprit. Check for sensors or resisters, and test or replace them.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk