Heated and cooled seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wiley84

Reaction score
The heated seats in my wifes expy stopped working. I just took it to the ford dealer to find out whats going on and they said that the control module is out. i was wonding if any one has messed with these and if there is only one or if there is two. I know i can get one cheaper then the $575.29 that they quoted me on fixing it. any help would be great thanks.

OP
OP
W

wiley84

Reaction score
There is a control module under i think the passenger seat that controls the heat and cooling of the seats. That is what is not working according to the ford dealer here in town.

MoHawk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Maybe I need to look into that too. Actually, my heated seats work, just not the cooled part. Hmm

OP
OP
W

wiley84

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out on the 07 if there is only one module or if there is one per seat. I have seen some people say there is only one others said there is one on each side.

RI-Matt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wiley
Does either light come on then quickly go out?
I had a similar problem and they had to replace the ground wire and add another one going to the control module. By the way, there is only one and its under the passenger seat.

Also, there is a TSB you could try first.

10/29/07
CLIMATE CONTROL SEAT FUNCTION
INOPERATIVE - NO COMMUNICATION - DCSM -

FORD:
2007-2008 Expedition

LINCOLN:
2007-2008 Navigator

ISSUE
Some 2007-2008 Expedition and Navigator vehicles built before 8/31/2007 and equipped with climate control seats may exhibit inoperative heating and/or cooling. There are no diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) associated with this issue and IDS/PDS will not communicate with the dual climate control seat module (DCSM).

ACTION
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.

SERVICE PROCEDURE
1. Turn the ignition switch to key on engine off (KOEO) position.

2. Run self test on DCSM.

a. If DTCs are present do not continue with this TSB, follow normal Workshop Manual (WSM) diagnostics for the DTCs.

b. If no communication with the DCSM, proceed to Step 3.

3. Remove power to the DCSM and wait a minimum of 2 minutes. This will reset the DCSM.

^ Expedition/Navigator - remove Fuse 8 in the battery junction box (BJB).

4. Reinstall the fuse(s) and recheck for communication.

a. If communication does not return, refer to WSM, Section 418-00.

b. If the communication is restored by resetting:

(1) Expedition/Navigator/- reprogram the DCSM to the latest calibration using IDS release 51.4 or later with patch 7. Calibration files may also be obtained at the website.

Also, check out this thread on the other site:
Driver side seat heater not working, 2010 Expedition - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Matt

OP
OP
W

wiley84

Reaction score
Matt-
Thanks for the info. I think i found your post in another forum and i just tried the tsb fix and it did not work. I am hoping that the dealer made the right diagnosis and that it is only the control module. I found a new one online for 154 so thats not too bad if i do it my self vs the almost 600 the dealer wants to fix it.

RI-Matt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey Matt, I'm having the same issue you just described, did fixing the ground take care of the issue?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes.

Here is what my repair invoice stated:

"Customer states that when pressing the climate seat button on dash, light turns on then immediately shuts off, no heating or cooling function."-----
-Tech found the DSCM module not communicating. Tech verified power, ground and communication at DSCM. Tech inspected the DSCM connector face and found the ground terminal to be burnt. Tech replaced the DSCM connector and verfied the repair.
Part # 3U2Z-14S411-ZMB Wire Asy

Matt