Heated / Cooled seat Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spicoli

Reaction score
I have an 04 EB expy, everything was working great, battery went dead one day, replaced battery and ever since my heated /cooled seats wont work.
When i press the buttons, nothing happens (not even a light on the switch). I have checked all the fuses/relays and they were all good. Not sure what else I can do, but I don't want to take it to the dealer.
Any ideas or help would be appreciated

Thanks
Spicoli

reg442

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i have the same problem.. i sent my truck to an audio shop to switch my radio for warrenty work. and from then on my heated/ac seates havent work.. need an answer as well... all fuses and relays good 2003 eb.

lakmflx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have an 04 EB expy, everything was working great, battery went dead one day, replaced battery and ever since my heated /cooled seats wont work.
When i press the buttons, nothing happens (not even a light on the switch). I have checked all the fuses/relays and they were all good. Not sure what else I can do, but I don't want to take it to the dealer.
Any ideas or help would be appreciated

Thanks
Spicoli

When you replaced the battery, did you hook up the positive wire last?

Might sound petty but sometimes things get screwy, its possible you shorted the heating element in the seat.

Hatcher1105

Reaction score
Hey I am havng a similar problem I have a 2007 Expedition EL Limited. My passenger side heated/AC seat works fine, but the driver side will light up for like 1 sec the first time I push it then it will turn off and from there on out it will only light up for about half a sec. or so. When I push it for the first time I can hear a click. Does anybody have any idea what could be the problem?

Black_Exhaust

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey I am havng a similar problem I have a 2007 Expedition EL Limited. My passenger side heated/AC seat works fine, but the driver side will light up for like 1 sec the first time I push it then it will turn off and from there on out it will only light up for about half a sec. or so. When I push it for the first time I can hear a click. Does anybody have any idea what could be the problem?

Huh same and I have an 03, it hasn't worked since I lent my truck to some family friends to launch their jet skis. Also the clicker hasn't worked since then nor the 3rd row seat (now removed) but I actually never used either anyway. All fuses are replaced so I have no clue what it could be

98EXPY 5-0

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't know much about heated seats, but my first step to troubleshooting it (after checking the fuses) would be to use a multimeter and measure resistence on the coils of both seats disconnected (since one is working and one isn't, you should be able to see if there is a huge difference in resistance.). If there is no difference, next check is there is power to the connector when the seat is turned on. If not, trace it back through the curcuit and look for a bad relay , burnt wire, or something. Does each side have seperate controls? If so, and one of them works, you should be able to test things on both sides until you find which part is different. Maybe even entend the wiring harness from the passenger seat to the driver seat and see if it works then. Do the same with the driver seat wiring to the passenger seat. The easiest way to extend the wiring is to go to a junk yard and cut the male and female connector off of a seat, and then make an extension cable. Be sure to keep the polarity the same.

Hatcher1105

Reaction score
Hey just wanted to let everyone know that my battery had died in the expedition. So I went to get a new one, after I put it in my heated/AC seats worked great wth no problems!!! Dont know why it hppened but I dont care it works know. Try disconnecting your batteries and hooking them back up. I removed neg. first and then put neg. on last. Hope this helps.

Boomer219

Reaction score
Driver's Heated Seat - not working

my 05 EB driver seat does not heat! .. passenger side works just fine.

BigBoySUV

Reaction score
I have a 2003 Expedition EB with the same issue after my battery died, heated and cooled seats will not work. Replaced battery with new one, but heat/cool seat switches do not light up.

I have searched all over the net for the solution to this issue. I believe I have found it. Google (2003 expedition climate control seat module) or click on the link below.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...0riFDg&usg=AFQjCNGT5mxeiBSwKIreTvt5JxTecFJ2xg

This person had the same problem. Once I scan my rig for Diagnostic Trouble Codes, I'll update the forum to let everyone know what I found.

Last edited: