Heated seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greensick

Reaction score
Ok my 07 is fresh out of Ford from fixing a major issue. Now back to some of the smaller ones. My heated seat doesn’t work. Push the button and the red lights come on for a second but then turn off. Tried the cooling button same result. Also noticed dim backlighting on the stereo display but the stereo and other media sources work properly.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Ok my 07 is fresh out of Ford from fixing a major issue. Now back to some of the smaller ones. My heated seat doesn’t work. Push the button and the red lights come on for a second but then turn off. Tried the cooling button same result. Also noticed dim backlighting on the stereo display but the stereo and other media sources work properly.
Chances are the ground wire on the seat heater module burnt up. Pretty common issue and very easy to repair with the updated harness. Not the greatest video but he includes the harness pn and shows the repair

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Quick fix could be to pull the fuse for the climate controlled seats for a minute or two and put it back, or disconnect the negative battery terminal for a minute. The seat control modules are always hot and sometimes they lose their mind and they never reset because they never lose power.

Atman246

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Interesting video for me as my heated seat doesn't work,but only on the drivers side. I must laugh though as the video clearly showed an amateur fixing his vehicle. I say this because he used butt connectors to repair and promptly pulled one apart. The reason Ford included the heat shrink is because they want the connections soldered and covered properly. Poor/loose connections will cause the same burnt wire situation as was shown at the beginning. At least i know what to look for and where to look. It's never really been an issue for me as i just jump in and go and get the truck to operating temperature as quickly as possible. My rant for the day..

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Interesting video for me as my heated seat doesn't work,but only on the drivers side. I must laugh though as the video clearly showed an amateur fixing his vehicle. I say this because he used butt connectors to repair and promptly pulled one apart. The reason Ford included the heat shrink is because they want the connections soldered and covered properly. Poor/loose connections will cause the same burnt wire situation as was shown at the beginning. At least i know what to look for and where to look. It's never really been an issue for me as i just jump in and go and get the truck to operating temperature as quickly as possible. My rant for the day..
I typically share that video because if he can do it, anyone can do it.