Hello from Kansas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rigpig

Reaction score
Hello all,
I am currently in the market for a used Expy. Shooting for a 2007-2010 with 100-150k miles, 4x4 in the standard or EL wheelbase. It'll mainly be a hunting/gun range rig but I want it nice enough to double as a family trip vehicle. My wife drives a '14 Tundra CrewMax and I have a '14 F-350 CC for my welding business, and we have two small children, so an SUV would be nice. I've been perusing this site for a couple weeks now during my search, and getting a good idea of what I want in an Expy. I've had a '98 F-150 and an '07 F-150 in the past, so I'm familiar with the 5.4 and some of its quirks. My first "real truck" was a '99 F-250 4x4 with the V-10 that I bought in '02 right out of high school, been a Ford guy ever since.

OP
OP
R

Rigpig

Reaction score
Bit the bullet today and picked up a pretty nice one-owner 2009 XLT 4x4 with 118k miles. Was able to negotiate it down to leave me some cash in the budget that my wife approved to get some tires and wheels and a leveling kit in the very near future.

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I'm also from KS and also work at a welding shop. Congrats on the new wheels. Sounds like a nice ride. I have an 08 expedition standard length 4x4 Eddie Bauer and like it so far. Wish my budget allowed for more mods lol.

OP
OP
R

Rigpig

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I'm also from KS and also work at a welding shop. Congrats on the new wheels. Sounds like a nice ride. I have an 08 expedition standard length 4x4 Eddie Bauer and like it so far. Wish my budget allowed for more mods lol.

Thanks! Whereabouts in Kansas are you?

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Central. Small town of Inman, between Hutchinson and McPherson. You?

1ATony

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Welcome to the site it's great to have you here

Tony