Hello from southern california.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andy J

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
My names Andy. Im from san jacinto california. I picked up my first fullsize ford (lincoln) suv a few weeks ago. Its an 03 navigator. My wife and i are expecting our first child anyday now, so i figured i needed an suv to haul the family around. Im an ex ford heavyline and diesel mechanic. I went through the ford fact training program starting back in 2004. Im a die hard ford fan, and all we own is fords. I was using an old 98 f150 as my daily until i bought the navigator a few weeks ago. I got it for a really good deal as it was misfiring, and bucking and jerking when i test drove it. In the past few weeks i have fixed quite a few of the issues as well as completely cleaning out the inside as it was really disgusting. I particularily wanted a navigator as i have been a long time fan of the ford 32v v8 engines but i have never owned until now.

I have been doing a ton of reading about the particular issues that seem to be specific to the 03 to 06 expeditions and navigators.

About a year ago i sold my little offroad.monster to my brother and i kind of missed having an suv, even though it was a smaller model (98 mountaineer v8 awd), so i figured it try out a navi and see how i liked it.

Anyway, i look foreward to being a part of this online community.

Cheers,
Andy

lvcjt702

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Finally! Another 2nd gen Gator guy.

Welcome

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

Andy J

Reaction score
Thank you for then welcome. I have always thought that the 2nd gens look sexy as heck. Im looking foreward to getting this one running perfectly. In the next few months i plan on yanking the engine out and rebuilding it in my garage. I gave the truck a full tune up when i got it, and it runs 99 percent better, but it has a miss when it idles and occasionally makes a sound like a rod bearing is getting tired. A compression test showed that number 6 is a bit lower than all the other cylinders, and its a slight miss, and not even enough to throw a check engine light, but its enough to bother me.