HELP!!! 05 5.4 oil pump???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

BrandonH13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry to bring back an old Thread, but just an update on it and maybe get some help.

We haven't droven the Ford since pretty much last May. Our lawyer gave the company til september 1st to inspect it and then we are "free" to do what we want with it. I had to get a new battery the other day because the old one was dead, but fired right up when I hooked it up. I drove it around and thought that it was magically fixed....sadly no. Again when it gets up to temp, it will stumble and die when slowing down to a stop or backing it up and having to stop to put it into drive. There seems to be no more cam phaser noise though coming from it when I have to restart it like there use to be. I know that it is off at least a tooth in timing because when the Ford dealer hooked it up to their machine, they said that one phaser fired right after the other instead of together.

Now here is my question, I got a check engine light that finally came back on that I am going to check tomorrow when I have a chance. I still need to take the oil pan off and clean it out to see if there is anything in it, but I am sure replace the VCT sensors....but since I don't have the phaser noise I am a little stumped. Could it be the off timing causing it to die like that when it is warmed up and that could be the only thing wrong with it now????

If so, how hard is it to retime this engine or would it be better to just go to a shop / ford and have them do it?