Help installing aftermarket stereo / system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roadsqueegy95

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I got a quick question. I have a 97 expo EB, and have already installed a aftermarket CD player in the dash, as my cd changer doesnt work anymore. Im going to be trying to install 2 12' subs and aftermarket amp tomarrow. If there anything i need to do because of the factory sub and amp? I plan on using a amp install kit.

Thanks,
Justin

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if you have everything to install in follow the directions nothing to worry about. i had a friend that had the mach audio system stock head unit but still had that and put in 2 15s. still sounded good. the stock sub sounded more like mid bass rather then low bass like his 15s. but there shouldnt be an issue. just make sure you have plenty of rca. cause i rounted mine around the side and i didnt have enough had to get an extension. not a big deal but when i upgrade im going to get a longer cable. and how long is your amp kit? mine was 17 i think and it wasnt long enough. i had an old fuse holder so i put that at the end of it and mounted it below the rear seat and then put a 3" cable from that to the amp. works but not professional.

OP
OP
R

roadsqueegy95

Reaction score
Well I've got them installed. N they sound pretty decent. Not quite as good as they did in my last car. But I think that's because this cd player is a cheap one!