Help Me Solve 4x4 problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
See attached prints Fuse 104 feeds power to the relays thru C-159 You will need to check for voltage at C-159 Very passible a bad or corroded connection Also check to make sure the pins are clean and tight

You will be looking for pin 37 on connector C-159 it will be a dark green/light green wire

34-02.gif

C159.gif

location C-159.gif

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also look at the print 34-02 after C-159 you will see a connection point S213 its a splice joint That also could be the problem If you have power on C-159 you will then need to find the splice and check it.

OP
OP
N

nevadacj93

Reaction score
Appreciate the diagrams hopefully that will be the problem but quick question I was going over all the fuses with my multi meter in engine bay and the gem on the drivers side just to check in case I missed something and I noticed the number 20 fuse on the gem isn't getting any power I checked it with the car running and with the car just in on position and even when off and nothing also swap the fuse just in case and still nothing could this problem be related to my 4wd problem? Also the manual says for fuse 20 it's a 5A and it controls audio , air suspension module , gem module and memory module but my radio and speakers work everything works other then 4wd so could it be related ?

And thanks again for taking the time to help i do appreciate it

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Fuse #20 gets its power from Fuse #21. The key must be in the start position in order to see power on either fuse. They will not have power on those two fuses once the key is in any position other than start

Both fuses have nothing to do with the 4X4 circuit

Go back and pull fuse #104 and look at the contact points in the fuse box Make sure they are clean and tight. Then recheck to see if you have voltage at the relays If not then you will need to check the circuit as I mentioned earlier

13-18.gif

OP
OP
N

nevadacj93

Reaction score
took a chance at a junkyard and got a gem for 5 bucks and installed it and sure enough I have 4x4 again. Thx for all the help and just wanted to let u know it's fixed thx