Help needed 06 expo OBD2 codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Stephan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dang that's noisy. BANK1, passenger side is super clunky. You can hear the phaser hammering away. That's the typical side that fails most often.

I'm going to say failed chain tensioners.

Do a cold start morning video. Have someone start it while you film.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

John Stephan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's possible to pull the VCTs without removing the valve covers. Use a pry bar to lift the tabs on the seal. Then carefully loosen the torx without dropping anything down in the engine.

OP
OP
J

jpwhre

Reaction score
Bank 1, Haha...... ugh...... I didn't want to hear that. Damn.

I bent there tab on bank 2, no go. I'm just going to start breaking into it. I'll start with bank 2 cover and pull VVT actuator out and do a full clean. Anything special or can I use carb cleaner?

Here is cold start. I pulled vvt and cam sensor plugs while running, but I guess it doesn't matter since pcm doesn't see them anyway.

OP
OP
J

jpwhre

Reaction score
Wow, camera picked up everything. You can't hear it missing standing in front of it. I should have watched before posting.

OP
OP
J

jpwhre

Reaction score
Truck spent entire weekend with the PCM disconnected to get to bank 1, but I never tore into that side. I put all back together today so I can get it to work this week and deal with whatever comes later, later. I've been having a battery issue for a week or so now, it got drained from having a tire air-compressor being plugged into 12v port in middle row. It has been sketchy since and would occasionally need charging. Today I had the door open and it killed the battery again before it could timeout and auto shut off dome lights. Charger showed it at 7.8v I just went and got a cheep temp battery from auto parts store with 3 month warrantee for now. I went to get gas, and pizza with no check engine light the whole time. Ran a scan and come back with 4 codes.

P1000 which I haven't drove enough for on board to kick in.
B2900 Vehicle ID# mismatch. Why?
U1900 Controller Area Network Comm Bus malfunction receive malfunction
C1805 Mismatch PCM and/or ABS-TC module

Are these things that will clear themselves? I have no other codes coming up beyond theses.

John Stephan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Double check that you didnt bend any pins on the PCM. Check the connectors and make sure all of the receiver pins are in place.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
expresspedition