Help with wheels and tires for stock height 07 Expy EL Eddie Bauer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Funstuie

Reaction score
Hey All,

I'm a new owner of a 2007 Expy EL Eddie Bauer edition and I want to change out the wheels - I don't like the shiny stock ones. Now I will admit to be not very clued up on wheels and tires so I am looking for the easiest option to replace the current wheels and tires (2 of the tires need replacing soon).

I would like to get something like MB Wheels 352

8_zpstk58lcwm.jpg

With BFGoodrich all-terrain tires.

Is this combo possible? Is this combo a straight bolt on or do I need extra hardware? Are there other options I should consider?

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with those wheels but the Expedition has a six bolt pattern that is an eight bolt pattern so it is not going to fit unless they make one for the Expedition. One of the things you are going to have to watch is the offset because that will determine where the wheel hub sits in relation to the center of the rim which in turn effects how far the tire will stick out. It can also affect whether the tire will rub when turning corners.

See this link for more information: https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/techpage.jsp?techid=101

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. That's just a stock photo Tire Rack says they have a fitting for the expedition.
Okay sorry about that. :eek: you said you weren't very clued up about wheels so I wasn't sure. The link explains about offset and first you have to look in your manual in the spec section to see what the offset is for your particular Expedition year it is probably the same as all of the rest of the 3rd Gen expeditions, and I couldn't find the offset in my 17 manual. Once you have the right offset then what you do next depends on if you care if your speedometer is accurate. If the dealer can adjust the calibration, it doesn't matter what you do otherwise you have to find the diameter of the original tire and the find the size in a tire that fits your new wheels there are tire size calculators on the web that can help with that.

That's they way I've done in the past. I'm sure other guys have different ways.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
The stock offset is +44. I've seen 20x9 +18 with 305/50/20 and it was flush front and rear, stock height with no rub. Anything wider or lower offset will stick out and could rub

This is the one I'm talking about

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have 26x10...+25 with 305/30/26...no rubbing

Mr. 10K

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
30 profile 26" tires....and Lexani no less. Lol

I dont think many here are wiling to make such sacrifices for looks

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's the sacrifice? It rides smooth and handles great...

Mr. 10K

OP
OP
F

Funstuie

Reaction score
So I got a set of Moto rims with 35" mickey Thompson tires. I took the rims to americas tire and they freaked out. Kept telling me they couldn't fit the mickey Thompsons on my truck even though I told them the tires are junk. Eventually I ordered a set of falken wildpeak which are not in stock yet. So I haven't been able to even have a test fit to see if the rims will work at stock height.

If it works it's going to look awesome but that if it works.