Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kthraney

Reaction score
My 2014's front blower is turning off randomly, and only on some drives. It stays off for 20-30 seconds, then comes back on.

A local shop has replaced the blower motor resistor twice. The first replacement was defective, but the second replacement worked for a while - a few weeks, then we're back at it turning off and om. I took it to the shop again and they couldn't get it to not work, but did test the resistor and said that it's in good order. The guy said it might be the control head and would need to go to the dealer for a replacement and reprogramming, etc.

Anybody have issues like this? My auto guy is guessing and it's an educated one, but I wanted to check here to see what you all thought.

Anecdotally-back blower works fine - no issues with it.

I do have a video of it turning off and on if it'd help

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2014's front blower is turning off randomly, and only on some drives. It stays off for 20-30 seconds, then comes back on.

A local shop has replaced the blower motor resistor twice. The first replacement was defective, but the second replacement worked for a while - a few weeks, then we're back at it turning off and om. I took it to the shop again and they couldn't get it to not work, but did test the resistor and said that it's in good order. The guy said it might be the control head and would need to go to the dealer for a replacement and reprogramming, etc.

Anybody have issues like this? My auto guy is guessing and it's an educated one, but I wanted to check here to see what you all thought.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My auto guy is guessing and it's an educated one, but I wanted to check here to see what you all thought.
Check that site @99WhiteC5Coupe put up.
Other than that,
If water is getting in there it will blow that resistor every time.(check AC condensation drain, it could be clogged)
Make sure they changed the resistor wire harness as well.
These are two of the major causes for having multiple failures.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Also: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=42Ae37Zx90E

OP
OP
K

kthraney

Reaction score
Thank y’all. I’ll check to see if there is any condensation from the AC tonight, and the drain too to see if it’s clogged