Horn Not Honking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, I just noticed that my horn does not work when I hit the center pad. It does work when I lock the doors or when the alarm goes off. I have the DVD on order from the guy on eBay.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks,

AcesOverEights

Full Access Members
Reaction score
bad clockspring in the steering wheel?

do all of the other steering wheel functions work? radio stuff, cruise etc

B

bedrck46

Andy The circuit for the horn switch goes thru the air bag sliding contact try turning the steering wheel and press the horn if you need a print let me know

OP
OP
ExpeditionAndy

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All the buttons work on the wheel the cruise volume heat controls. The it doesn't seem to matter if I press the center or offset still nothing. I know it worked when I first got it.

I will try pressing harder to see if that makes a difference,

Bedrck, my DVD should be here by the end of the week. Thanks for the offer, but I will not have time to look at it until the weekend anyway and hopefully my DVD will be here by then.

I just had my expedition in the shop to replace the left rear axle and some seals, if I had known I was having a problem with the horn I would have had them look at it.

B

bedrck46

I didn't recall if you had said you were getting the DVD Just follow the instructions when you get it also if you have any questions about it I will be glad to answer

B

bedrck46

This may be some bad news for you The horn relay is one of the relays that are not user replaceable And if you recall reading about a few other members on here that have had problems with the NON user replaceable relays that could also be part of your problem It could be possible that there is a cold solder joint on the board in the fuse block It can be repaired

Just fuel for thought here

Note: Relays R301–R305 are not serviceable components; see your
dealer or a qualified technician for assistance.
JUMP STARTING

R305 Horn relay Dual note horn

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
ExpeditionAndy

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This may be some bad news for you The horn relay is one of the relays that are not user replaceable And if you recall reading about a few other members on here that have had problems with the NON user replaceable relays that could also be part of your problem It could be possible that there is a cold solder joint on the board in the fuse block It can be repaired

Just fuel for thought here

Note: Relays R301–R305 are not serviceable components; see your
dealer or a qualified technician for assistance.
JUMP STARTING

R305 Horn relay Dual note horn

If it is the relay and the board is still good I might be able to unsolder the relay and find a replacement and reinstall it. I'll check it out this weekend.

Thanks Bedrck & yes I've ordered the CD.

Ltown

Reaction score
ExpeditionAndy,
I am just finding your posts from 2013 regarding your horn only honking with the remote and not with the wheel center pad. I am currently falling down that same rabbit hole with my 2009 Expedition and was hoping 1)yours got resolved and 2) you might have some guidance for me!? Relay, Clockspring, harness...
Thanks in advance!
Trevor

Courtney Byers

Reaction score
One night my horn went crazy and was nonstop blowing. My husband unhooked the fuse to make it stop. Also my cruise control does not work(the other controls on my wheel work). Husband says the fuse is fine. Any ideas to fix the horn and/or cruise control??