How About a 2015 to present thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know the 15-17 is technically a 3rd gen but IMO they aren't anything like the 07-14 models. There were several technology changes, exterior and interior changes as well as the obvious and biggest change of all, the move to the Ecoboost. The threads are so few and far between for these years I thought a thread on just these model years would be helpful. Lets use this thread for issues, mods, general questions, etc.

Whatcha think?

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You have to run that by the Administrator.

But why not just have a section for every different year as each year ford has made many changes and that would avoid the confusion of asking people to state what year they have And while we are at it lets have sections for all the years and different models XLT EB King Ranch and so on Oh and some years had early production and late productions Need separate threads for those to

Last edited:

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Bedrck you're going a little too far there buddy but I agree with the OP, should have a 3rd gen triton and 3rd gen EcoBoost sections separate that eliminates the need to know the year on what 3rd gen one has.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Never too far How many times have you seen members post a question in a thread where it didn't belong??

If there were a section for each year it would make it very easy to search for information about that year.

For example Fuel problems in the second gens especially when a person has an 04 and is told to look for the fuel pump drivers module which is only in the 05/06 model years.

Every year of expedition has been different than other years, due to the changes that were
made to electrical or mechanical systems.

The 1st gen was from 97 to 02 yet the 4wd systems are different in the 97-98 as compared to the 99-02 yet in theory that should have been 2 separate generations and the same for the 2nd gens the 03-04 used a fuel relay whereas the 05-06 used a fuel pump drivers module.

Having a separate year forum would make it easier to get information on that specific year.

And no I didn't go to far My response was being sarcastic, just my normal self

Last edited:
OP
OP

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm not looking for this to be a separate "section" of the forum. Just a thread were folks with 15-17 models go to get info, ask questions etc. Keep it in the 3rd gen section that's fine with me.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What you suggestion is a good idea but you most likely will find your beating your head against a wall. Members will post where they want to. I and others have tried to get this forum to have everyone post a signature line so it shows their info year and model As knowing that information saves time and makes it easier to help and I also feel that I shouldn't have to go look for information that The Member could provide by having a signature line.

Even as I look at your post I have no idea what year or model you have other than its in the 3 year range you want to have a separate thread for.

After you have been on this forum for a while and get as involved as some members are you will see what I mean.

Anyway Welcome to the Forum

And now you have a separate thread that is in the 3rg gen section we will see how it goes

OP
OP

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What you suggestion is a good idea but you most likely will find your beating your head against a wall. Members will post where they want to. I and others have tried to get this forum to have everyone post a signature line so it shows their info year and model As knowing that information saves time and makes it easier to help and I also feel that I shouldn't have to go look for information that The Member could provide by having a signature line.

Even as I look at your post I have no idea what year or model you have other than its in the 3 year range you want to have a separate thread for.

After you have been on this forum for a while and get as involved as some members are you will see what I mean.

Anyway Welcome to the Forum

And now you have a separate thread that is in the 3rg gen section we will see how it goes

There's is no reason for someone to post in a thread for 15-17 year models if they don't have have a 15-17 model. Your continuous posts in here proves my point. Sure some of those people with other model years will post but it's usually to make some sort of a contribution to the subject at hand which I'm not seeing from your posts. I said hey how about a place for the newer model guys to talk and I get a guy with an 04 model coming in here and ruining a perfectly good thread. You don't see me posting in the 2nd gen section do you? My signature has been on here from day one and it clearly states what model I have. I appreciate your input I'm just simply trying to make things a little easier to find for some folks on here. From my research so far there doesn't appear to be a lot of folks on here with newer models anyways. So maybe you'll get lucky and this thread will die and quickly fade away.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There's is no reason for someone to post in a thread for 15-17 year models if they don't have have a 15-17 model. Your continuous posts in here proves my point. Sure some of those people with other model years will post but it's usually to make some sort of a contribution to the subject at hand which I'm not seeing from your posts. I said hey how about a place for the newer model guys to talk and I get a guy with an 04 model coming in here and ruining a perfectly good thread. You don't see me posting in the 2nd gen section do you? My signature has been on here from day one and it clearly states what model I have. I appreciate your input I'm just simply trying to make things a little easier to find for some folks on here. From my research so far there doesn't appear to be a lot of folks on here with newer models anyways. So maybe you'll get lucky and this thread will die and quickly fade away.

To be honest your signature didn't appear until your last post otherwise I wouldn't have made a comment about it.

What you fail to forget is that YES this thread will fade away if it gets no activity although it wont totally disappear.

And your wrong about "There's is no reason for someone to post in a thread for 15-17 year models if they don't have have a 15-17 model." This isn't an exclusive thread for your purpose. The forum is open to anyone to post wherever they choose to and to comment whenever they choose to.

Go back to your original post in which you asked
"Whatcha think?"

I replied by telling you that
"You have to run that by the Administrator."

And I also added my comments.

I also notice that the only people that have replied to this thread Are members OF THIS FORUM that happen to own 2nd gen expys.

Look back at all the posts I have made in the 3rd gen forum and you will see that no one has said I shouldn't be posting in that generation as I only have a 04.

When someone asks for an opinion AS YOU DID I will offer an opinion WHICH I DID. But you appear PO'd that someone with a 04 posted in YOUR EXCLUSIVE THREAD. AGAIN The forum is open to anyone to post wherever they choose to and to comment whenever they choose to.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i would like to pull the plug on 17 expy but im still tryna hold put on the 18s. however if i do go 15 - 17, i may get a navi just for the interior design. i have driven the expy but i havent driven a navi yet and i havent seen a lincoln dealer since i moved. is there any real differenence btw the way they drive? until i get settled and find one, itll be hard to find and drive one, esp since the lincoln dealer network is far and few btw.