How About a 2015 to present thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Start a conversation with Shaggy about making a new section. It will help future owners to access threads specific to those years.

Snag

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am new to the Forum and have no idea who runs the show. I can say like many others who have responded here that it is often difficult to know what year the poster is driving or asking about. To me it would be pretty simple to add another section, or easier yet have a mandatory filled out section before the post goes out. I notice most who post just bought a problem or just had a problem and often these people disappear after the post. WHAT WAS THE RESOLUTION, this is also a frustration to me.

things like

name,
what year is your Expedition
How long have you owned it

And if they don't respond back with the actual repair (in a given time frame) that fixed the rig zap it off the site. Otherwise its difficult to make an actual response that is accurate. We all respond with our BEST guess but these rigs are so complicated the problem can be one of many.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Snag

When you first came on this site there was a section called New Member check in and in that section is a sub section that asks
"Read first before posting" and in that post it asks for new members to create a signature line.

The purpose of the signature line is to show year model etc.

Not to insult you but I notice you have yet to make a signature line.

There are some of us that have been asking for years for members to make a signature line and it is always met with great resistance or you get a response that it is in "my profile" so why do I need a signature line Simple answer It saves us from having to look up that information if it is visible in a Sig Line.

Sometimes it isn't all that critical when it comes down to mechanical issues within a certain generation but it becomes more critical when dealing with electrical issues due to the many changes Ford has made from one model year to another and even to changes made during a model year.

For example, a member had a fuse block problem with his 03 and reported that he replaced his with TWO other fuse boxes from a salvage yard and neither fuse box solved the problem. He felt he had other problems But what he didn't know was even though he was getting fuse boxes for other 03 expy he was getting the wrong fuse box as Ford used TWO different fuse boxes in that model year.

Another reason that members do not make a Sig line is because they only are on here for their own benefit They come on ask a question and then leave and most times it is without a THANK YOU for the free help they received.

And then you get New members that want to change things for their own benefit and get upset when they get replies different than what they want.

The best way to learn is to ask and you will find that many on here can be very helpful and point you in the correct direction

Snag

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree, many very talented members on the site. I guess more then anything I promote them. I think they do a great job and you are certainly one who responds with very good answers to their questions.

I will see if I can find that information to fill out. I certainly didn't try to bypass anything. I am the first to admit I am tech challenged.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Snag

On the right side of this page click on your screen name
A page will pop up
Look on the left side of that page and you will see a list of items under Personal Details
Scroll down the list until you come to Signature Click on that and then enter what information you care to put in the signature

As I said many are against the signature line They will say when asked Well I gave that information in my fist post Very true that is on the first page of maybe a long thread and now we are on the 3rd or 4th page and what was posted is no longer visible or one needs to keep referring back.

There are time when some of us get very involved in trying to help many at the same time Its get very tough to remember everyone's year and model in those cases.

d21burggraf

Reaction score
it is often difficult to know what year the poster is driving or asking about.

This was my EXACT thought when I first joined this past October while trying to learn more about my new Expedition. The site is great, but I just think it would help a lot of guys (both Ecoboost & pre Ecoboost) in their searching/browsing.

Just a thought...but maybe a "3rd Gen 2015+ Ecoboost" forum has a nice ring to it.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As I stated in Post #2 of this thread You need to run that by the Administrator of this Forum and again it was stated in Post #21

Talking about it on this thread may not produce the results that all you new members seek.

And this isn't something new, as others in the past have suggested similar to what is being suggested here with no results.

What I truly enjoy reading is that those that are the least involved and with as little time on this forum are looking for what they want and could care less about the members that have spent time and effort making this forum what it is.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree and like the idea of a 2015+ sub-forum as well!!

Also, very curious about tuning for the Ecoboost in my 2016 Expedition. Anyone done it yet??

Yes, there are a couple of firms out there posting some pretty impressive increases to your '16 3.5 twin turbo.....the only one I would trust however is Livernois Motorsports.

http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product/LPP631125

go here and click the Product Information tab....you'll be very happy! "Gains of over 84hp and 84tq on your otherwise stock vehicle"

This product is only for the 2015 and 2016 models so we with the 2017's will have to wait...for now!

Just keep in mind HOW they are getting the increased power. Ford has sucessfully dealt with "turbo-lag" by reducing the size of the exhaust headers to promote higher velocity charge hitting the turbos. Raising boost means raising power BUT raising power ALWAYS means raising the latent heat. Raising heat of course brings a whole new range of issues which the Ford engineers did not have to account for since they were working with less power/less heat. Just be sure to investigate and downhill issues that the "tuning company" isn't so worried aobut when trying to extract higher levels of power.

As an example, I own a two-seater factory supercharged Mercedes that I modified by installing a larger crank pulley to spin the supercharger faster. The end result was a boost increase from 8PSI to 11PSI netting me about 35 BHP. Not bad for $870. or about 25 bucks per brake horsepower and no noticeable increase in heat from the engine which had a very good heat-shedding system of intercooler/radiators.

The increases stated for the 2016 Expy of 84 HP are almost surely crank HP which would equate to approx 70BHP if the drivetrain loses around 16% or 17%....which are good numbers but 70BHP also translates into a lot of added heat that must be shed....just keep that in mind and definitely post your results if you decide to take the plunge!!

jeff

Last edited:

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, there are a couple of firms out there posting some pretty impressive increases to your '16 3.5 twin turbo.....the only one I would trust however is Livernois Motorsports.

http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product/LPP631125

go here and click the Product Information tab....you'll be very happy! "Gains of over 84hp and 84tq on your otherwise stock vehicle"

This product is only for the 2015 and 2016 models so we with the 2017's will have to wait...for now!

Just keep in mind HOW they are getting the increased power. Ford has sucessfully dealt with "turbo-lag" by reducing the size of the exhaust headers to promote higher velocity charge hitting the turbos. Raising boost means raising power BUT raising power ALWAYS means raising the latent heat. Raising heat of course brings a whole new range of issues which the Ford engineers did not have to account for since they were working with less power/less heat. Just be sure to investigate and downhill issues that the "tuning company" isn't so worried aobut when trying to extract higher levels of power.

As an example, I own a two-seater factory supercharged Mercedes that I modified by installing a larger crank pulley to spin the supercharger faster. The end result was a boost increase from 8PSI to 11PSI netting me about 35 BHP. Not bad for $870. or about 25 bucks per brake horsepower and no noticeable increase in heat from the engine which had a very good heat-shedding system of intercooler/radiators.

The increases stated for the 2016 Expy of 84 HP are almost surely crank HP which would equate to approx 70BHP if the drivetrain loses around 16% or 17%....which are good numbers but 70BHP also translates into a lot of added heat that must be shed....just keep that in mind and definitely post your results if you decide to take the plunge!!

jeff

The number LMS uses for it's power increase are Dyno numbers. That is an 84HP increase at the wheels. I use them for my Edge Sport. They are a great company to deal with. Got a JMS BoostMax that was never installed for the 15 that was totaled, waiting for a response from their Engineer whether it will work in the 17. Should work, but waiting for confirmation.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The number LMS uses for it's power increase are Dyno numbers. That is an 84HP increase at the wheels. I use them for my Edge Sport. They are a great company to deal with. Got a JMS BoostMax that was never installed for the 15 that was totaled, waiting for a response from their Engineer whether it will work in the 17. Should work, but waiting for confirmation.

Got confirmation my JMS BoostMax will work on my 17, and they have updated their website. Now I just need a decent weather day to install it. I like it for the Expy, because we don't run 93 that often, and with the knob I can adjust the tune for the type fuel we are running. Obviously this does not affect the shifting like a JMS tune would, but I have been pretty happy with how the trans acts. My Edge on the other hand needed some help!