How bare bones can an Expy get?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Barest version is the SSV (badge will still say XLT)

Cloth front row, no console, vinyl second row, storage box instead of third row

No running boards

No sunroof

No navigation, no screen in center period

Simplistic trip computer controlled solely by the odometer button

Steel wheels

Basic radio + single CD

However: 4x4, skid plates, vinyl flooring, column shift

Also....no console is pretty damn convenient, you can walk around in the truck

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
PS in an EL, put the third row UP unless you like digging groceries out of various crevaces

Shit tends to fly around unless trunk is packed

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The SSV is badged as an "XL." I know because I was shopping for one and almost bought it. . .

It LISTS as an XL in some documentation and literature

But the rear badge says XLT

Tocapet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks like you win. I had a 05EB and it was 2wd with no heated seats. I bought it after a quick test drive as I was time crunched only to find out it was Eddie Blawww...er. Have a limited now and I enjoy all my accessories.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Tocapet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My ex FIL wins. He had a '58 chevy with no radio, no heater, no A/C, V8, 2 bbl carb stick shift. Absolutely no accessories. Crank windows, etc. Came from the factory like that.

JCP2018

Reaction score
I have a bone stock EL XLT. Zero options. Still a lot of stuff for under $30k. Wanted the AWD platinum but didn’t have the extra cash. So far so good. Accessories are added when we have the money. So far the Michelin’s are the single biggest cost. Planning on Katzkin upgrade and installing a tablet over the stock radio. If we keep it as a tow rig also upgrading to the Max tow package components and adding real tow mirrors.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Most SSV's do indeed have the XLT badge on the back. But it depends on the model year. Some have a plain badge with no model on it, others have XL. Ford Fleet will furnish SSV's outfitted in a number of ways. I had one with leather front seats, a sunroof and no console -- all on the factory broadcast sheet. Generally they all have black grilles, as Ford police packages have had since the 1940's.