How do I remove the center console?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

judd

Reaction score
I have a 2013 Expedition KR, and the rear seat heater switch has been pushed back into the console and I can't use it.

star-art

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm a little late to the party, but it sounds like the back side of your plastic trim panel that holds the 2nd row heated seat switch has gotten brittle and broken off. It's also possible the switch just snapped out of its "socket" so who knows you might get lucky there. Anyway, here's how to fix it:

1) The cupholders on the top rear of the center console are located in a plastic panel that snaps in place from above. It's a bit tricky to get this panel off. Trying to pry at it around the edges is very likely to damage or chip the plastic. First I removed the rubber cupholder inserts and then was able to get a grip on each cupholder with my hands and pull straight up to snap off the panel. If it's too "slippery" this way, try using a shop towel to get a better grip on it.

2) Once this panel is off, there are two screws hidden underneath that secure the plastic panel that finishes off the back end of the front center console. Remove these, then that panel comes off. It's also a snap-in attachment with metal clips holding it in place.

NOTE: Be sure to unplug the electronics before removing the rear panel, or at least be very careful when popping it loose not to damage the electrical wire harness or connectors for the temperature, audio, and seat heater controls.

Hope that helps! :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65